
So last week my poor little Kindergartener was sick. Today it's Sebastion. He is on the couch a bundle of sniffles. The poor baby! And Keenan is Mr. Crabs today so I imagine he is on the downward spiral to illness as well!

I don't think I'm too well either. Really tired, sorta dragging and just blah. I am so emotional today. Crying over everything. I think I'm PMS'ing, but I'm a week early! Was having hot flashes the last 2 days so I'm wondering about menopause and YES it CAN happen to younger ppl. Not very common but as young as 25 sometimes. *sighs*

So we've had a couple of issues with Tristen's school and his teacher, or as Robert likes to call her "the twit." She's apparently moving his clip for "not using kind words." These "unkind words" were "I don't like you" spoken very matter of factly to a little girl in his class. When DH spoke to the teacher y-day she said he got in trouble cuz it hurt her feelings. To me, that sounds like a double standard. Had it not hurt her feelings, he wouldn't have gotten in trouble? HMPH! So anyhoo, the thing that upset DH and I was that he did not get a warning for this (they usually do and are supposed to and I'm beginning to wonder if she EVER warns him) AND that he didn't say it meanly, nor did he say anything derogatory to the little girl. Had he used the word HATE, I would have disciplined him for that! Hate is a strong word and one that should not be thrown around lightly. He did not call her names, tell her she was fat or ugly or anything of the sort. The teacher even told my DH he said it matter-of-factly. So why on earth did my baby get in trouble for this? NO, I am not one to defend my child's every naughty doing. But these "people" are teaching these kids division in the 1st and second grade, but they aren't teaching them how to deal with the real world? I had a VERY interesting convo with the principal and brought that point up with her. I explained the situation to her and she said something along the lines of "Speaking from experience that I had taught Kindergarten for many years (methinks- whatever, psychobabble!), it hurts to hear that someone doesn't like you when you're 5 years old." I said "Honey, I understand that. It hurts to hear that as an adult. But 5 year olds DO that!" So that shut up her point numero uno! Then she, of course tried to defend the teacher. "She's such a sweet teacher. I think she just doesn't like anyone's feelings hurt." I said "Yes, but you're teaching these kids division in the 1st and second grade, but they aren't teaching them how to deal with the real world?" She didn't have much to say on that one either! I told her "Look, there are some double standards here that I'm not too happy with. But what upsets me the most is that while my son DID say something that may have hurt another student's feelings, you are trying to deprive him of his honesty. I understand that if he says something derogatory, he should be punished. In this case he said nothing derogatory, nor vicious. He stated that he didn't like her and moved on. Or at least he tried." Supposedly the principal will have a talk with the teacher. DH is FINALLY warming up to the idea of Tristen coming home to be schooled. I have given the schooling issues to God after praying that my baby would come home! I soooo want him home! I KNOW I can do it!
Comments