One which I obviously don't have! I am fanatically working to get it done today. And to think I just did a laundry-athon the weekend before this past and have been doing a load or 2 every other day. I keep telling the fam to start going nekkid. But you know kids and hubby's. They never listen. LOL....
So anyhoo.... Seb and I started working on division today and he's quite the little wiz. He's a SPONGE. He sucks up EVERYTHING you teach him when it comes to schoolwork. Now if only we can work on his memory, we'd have it made!
We had a wonderful weekend. Food, Family and fun. As usual, when we have visitors, I eat waaaayyy toooooo muuuuuch!!!! Marinated London Broil, with a marinade I concocted myself and would love to share with you......
STEAK MARINADE
1/4 cup oil (i used veggie)
1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
1-2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon seasoned meat tenderizer
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
-->I marinated this all day (started around 9:30 am til we put it on the grill around 5). We all enjoyed it. We served it up with grilled tater packets:
Peel, quarter and slice taters 1/4" thick. Tear off sheets of foil approx 18" long. Butter foil (yes I said butter foil). Evenly divide taters among foil, but try for no moer then 2 cups worth in each packet, assuming you'd like them to cook! Place a pat or 2 butter (or margarine, I always use marg and call it butter), sprinkle with seasonings of choice. I used S&P, garlic powder and onion powder. Fold foil up from the sides and fold together and down to seal, repeat with ends. Grill approx 20 mins over mdium-hi heat grill. Adjust time accordingly to heat setting!
Then I also made some roasted garlic butter:
2 heads garlic
2 sticks softened MARGARINE! LOL
--> Wrap tightly the garlic heads, one each in foil after drizzling with oil. Oh did I mention to PREHEAT the oven to 500*. Priorities, priorities..... Anyhoo, place your oil-drizzled, foil wrapped heads on a small cokoie sheet (I use one that came from an old toaster oven) in PREHEATED oven for 30 minutes. After 30, check them for tenderness. If they seem that they will mash well, they are ready, else another 10 minutes in the sauna should do them good. Unwrap and allow to cool, about 20 minutes. Squeezing from the bottom, get all those soft juicy kernels from the skins onto a small plate or bowl. Using a fork, mash well, add to softened butter (which I forgot to mention should be in a bowl that has a cover) and mix well. Spread on biscuits, breads, toast, meat before cooking, whatever. What's great about this stuff is it replaces the need to broil your bread after putting garlic on becuz the roasting sweetens the garlic. So presto! Instant garlic bread!
Then I made some mixed veggies:
Prepare according to package directions! ROFL!!!!!
We had watermelon and M&M ice cream cones for dessert!~
Hope everyone was blessed as we were with food and LOVE~ God Bless you all!
So anyhoo.... Seb and I started working on division today and he's quite the little wiz. He's a SPONGE. He sucks up EVERYTHING you teach him when it comes to schoolwork. Now if only we can work on his memory, we'd have it made!
We had a wonderful weekend. Food, Family and fun. As usual, when we have visitors, I eat waaaayyy toooooo muuuuuch!!!! Marinated London Broil, with a marinade I concocted myself and would love to share with you......
STEAK MARINADE
1/4 cup oil (i used veggie)
1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
1-2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon seasoned meat tenderizer
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
-->I marinated this all day (started around 9:30 am til we put it on the grill around 5). We all enjoyed it. We served it up with grilled tater packets:
Peel, quarter and slice taters 1/4" thick. Tear off sheets of foil approx 18" long. Butter foil (yes I said butter foil). Evenly divide taters among foil, but try for no moer then 2 cups worth in each packet, assuming you'd like them to cook! Place a pat or 2 butter (or margarine, I always use marg and call it butter), sprinkle with seasonings of choice. I used S&P, garlic powder and onion powder. Fold foil up from the sides and fold together and down to seal, repeat with ends. Grill approx 20 mins over mdium-hi heat grill. Adjust time accordingly to heat setting!
Then I also made some roasted garlic butter:
2 heads garlic
2 sticks softened MARGARINE! LOL
--> Wrap tightly the garlic heads, one each in foil after drizzling with oil. Oh did I mention to PREHEAT the oven to 500*. Priorities, priorities..... Anyhoo, place your oil-drizzled, foil wrapped heads on a small cokoie sheet (I use one that came from an old toaster oven) in PREHEATED oven for 30 minutes. After 30, check them for tenderness. If they seem that they will mash well, they are ready, else another 10 minutes in the sauna should do them good. Unwrap and allow to cool, about 20 minutes. Squeezing from the bottom, get all those soft juicy kernels from the skins onto a small plate or bowl. Using a fork, mash well, add to softened butter (which I forgot to mention should be in a bowl that has a cover) and mix well. Spread on biscuits, breads, toast, meat before cooking, whatever. What's great about this stuff is it replaces the need to broil your bread after putting garlic on becuz the roasting sweetens the garlic. So presto! Instant garlic bread!
Then I made some mixed veggies:
Prepare according to package directions! ROFL!!!!!
We had watermelon and M&M ice cream cones for dessert!~
Hope everyone was blessed as we were with food and LOVE~ God Bless you all!
Comments