I have been so distraught over the Katrina bit going on lately that I haven't even known where to begin on blogging. So if I ramble and make no sense, bear with me. The following is a comment I made on another blog, and just a short amount of the thoughts running thru my head the past week. Following will be more of my ramblings!
Mel, I am so with you! I started out complaining about the gas prices, but after seeing and reading and hearing first hand from some of the survivors, I decided I have it MUCH better then alot of them. I walked into the gas station down the road. These guys that work there were PUSHING one of their cars, so that the customers could get gas before them. They are now out of gas at that station for going on 4 days now. I walked in there last nite and the 3 I deal with the most were all there and I said "Guys, I just want you to know that I love you and your efforts are appreciated." I don't think that there are enough ppl out there commending the gas station attendants, who are being blamed for the gas shortage!
SO GO THANK A GAS STATION ATTENDANT FOR BRAVING IT. They are putting their lives in danger knowing that there are gas st. attendants being shot, beaten, blamed and run over!
Anyhoo, I have a friend in Miami that was hit by the floods when Katrina first started making her rounds. He was flooded out of his home, along with his 4 kids and his wife. They have lost a lot, but he realises how lucky he is. I look at my flowers now and am thankful that I have flowers to look at. I open a can of tuna and pray that those people have a can of tuna to open as well. I go out everyday to check my tomatoes, and I realise now that there are people that don't have a garden to tend to anymore, nor do they have the food that comes from a garden. I kiss and hug my children. I tell them I love them and I silently thank God that I have them to kiss and to hug. That I know where my kids are. I choke back the tears that I don't want them to see, because I don't want them to worry. I fight tears every day in their presence. The problem is greater then them. All we can do is pray. And I put them to bed, knowing that tomorrow is another day and pray that God keeps us all safe thru the night and that I can have another day with those precious mini-people. I pray for the troops in NOLA. I pray for the troops overseas and I know God is blessing their efforts. I have quit asking for more. It's hard at times but the NOLA situation has humbled me. I put the kids to bed at nite and I cry. I cried at church this morning. I am a ball of nerves and emotion. Robert and I were planning a trip to Homa, LA to take food and water to his friend and family. We were told they had lost everything including no food, water or power. Then when he called back, he spoke to one of the lady's sons and he told Robert that they did have a little water, suitable for drinking in one of the canals behind them and that they had only lost the food in the freezers, but they still had canned goods. He thinks his mother is having a breakdown. I can't say tho that I would be much different. She is also worried that she may not have a job as she was working as a cook on an oil rig. Please keep them in your prayers, as well as our gas station attendants, our military that is in the South, the troops overseas, and everyone working to make the world a better place. And last but not least, pray for those that are doing wrong. Do not judge, but forgive and pray. This has even been hard for me to swallow. But I am slowly learning how to do it. In the midst of my anger I remember I need to pray and the anger dissipates.
So pray! PLEASE PRAY, PRAY HARD AND UNCEASING! Just pray! John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (KJV)
God Bless you ALL!
~K~
Mel, I am so with you! I started out complaining about the gas prices, but after seeing and reading and hearing first hand from some of the survivors, I decided I have it MUCH better then alot of them. I walked into the gas station down the road. These guys that work there were PUSHING one of their cars, so that the customers could get gas before them. They are now out of gas at that station for going on 4 days now. I walked in there last nite and the 3 I deal with the most were all there and I said "Guys, I just want you to know that I love you and your efforts are appreciated." I don't think that there are enough ppl out there commending the gas station attendants, who are being blamed for the gas shortage!
SO GO THANK A GAS STATION ATTENDANT FOR BRAVING IT. They are putting their lives in danger knowing that there are gas st. attendants being shot, beaten, blamed and run over!
Anyhoo, I have a friend in Miami that was hit by the floods when Katrina first started making her rounds. He was flooded out of his home, along with his 4 kids and his wife. They have lost a lot, but he realises how lucky he is. I look at my flowers now and am thankful that I have flowers to look at. I open a can of tuna and pray that those people have a can of tuna to open as well. I go out everyday to check my tomatoes, and I realise now that there are people that don't have a garden to tend to anymore, nor do they have the food that comes from a garden. I kiss and hug my children. I tell them I love them and I silently thank God that I have them to kiss and to hug. That I know where my kids are. I choke back the tears that I don't want them to see, because I don't want them to worry. I fight tears every day in their presence. The problem is greater then them. All we can do is pray. And I put them to bed, knowing that tomorrow is another day and pray that God keeps us all safe thru the night and that I can have another day with those precious mini-people. I pray for the troops in NOLA. I pray for the troops overseas and I know God is blessing their efforts. I have quit asking for more. It's hard at times but the NOLA situation has humbled me. I put the kids to bed at nite and I cry. I cried at church this morning. I am a ball of nerves and emotion. Robert and I were planning a trip to Homa, LA to take food and water to his friend and family. We were told they had lost everything including no food, water or power. Then when he called back, he spoke to one of the lady's sons and he told Robert that they did have a little water, suitable for drinking in one of the canals behind them and that they had only lost the food in the freezers, but they still had canned goods. He thinks his mother is having a breakdown. I can't say tho that I would be much different. She is also worried that she may not have a job as she was working as a cook on an oil rig. Please keep them in your prayers, as well as our gas station attendants, our military that is in the South, the troops overseas, and everyone working to make the world a better place. And last but not least, pray for those that are doing wrong. Do not judge, but forgive and pray. This has even been hard for me to swallow. But I am slowly learning how to do it. In the midst of my anger I remember I need to pray and the anger dissipates.
So pray! PLEASE PRAY, PRAY HARD AND UNCEASING! Just pray! John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (KJV)
God Bless you ALL!
~K~
Comments