
Church was, in a word, amazing this morning. The following verses were read by a member of the church. The sermon was also based off of the same verses. The sermon was "How do you relate to Jesus?" The pastor wanted each of us to take a look at our relationships with Jesus and ask ourselves, "Do I see Jesus? If not, maybe I don't have a relationship with him. I need to look behind me as well. Do I see Jesus there? If I do, I really need to work on my relationship with Jesus. Jesus should always be ahead and I should follow."
1 Samuel 3:1-10 (King James Version)
1And the child Samuel ministered unto the LORD before Eli. And the word of the LORD was precious in those days; there was no open vision.
2And it came to pass at that time, when Eli was laid down in his place, and his eyes began to wax dim, that he could not see;
3And ere the lamp of God went out in the temple of the LORD, where the ark of God was, and Samuel was laid down to sleep;
4That the LORD called Samuel: and he answered, Here am I.
5And he ran unto Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou calledst me. And he said, I called not; lie down again. And he went and lay down.
6And the LORD called yet again, Samuel. And Samuel arose and went to Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou didst call me. And he answered, I called not, my son; lie down again.
7Now Samuel did not yet know the LORD, neither was the word of the LORD yet revealed unto him.
8And the LORD called Samuel again the third time. And he arose and went to Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou didst call me. And Eli perceived that the LORD had called the child.
9Therefore Eli said unto Samuel, Go, lie down: and it shall be, if he call thee, that thou shalt say, Speak, LORD; for thy servant heareth. So Samuel went and lay down in his place.
10And the LORD came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth.
I struggle each and every day with my relationship with the Lord. I'm still not sure who I am and what my role on this planet is for. I pray and work to have that relationship that I seek with my God. I have such a long way to go. How is YOUR relationship with Jesus? Ask yourself the above questions. It really struck me deeply.
On another note, I sat at the computer for a bit this evening and printed (Robert bought me a new cartridge tonite as the old one finally died). I got print happy, but on a good note, Monday's HS folder is COMPLETE and HS should roll smoothly tomorrow. YIPPEE!! Praying to God to help me raise my little Lord's Soldiers. I also started printing my Homekeeper's Journal. I was on
MelodyĆs site and have been using hers as a guide. It is WONDERFUL! I just hope I can stick with it!
I hope your Sunday was as fruitful as mine!
God Bless and have a WONDERFUL week!
Comments