You know when the sheriff's department knocks on your door that they aren't there to tell you that you won the lottery. And none of them look like Ed McMahon. So y-day when the sheriff's dept. rang my bell, I was a little more than concerned. I was downstairs doing laundry and cleaning up so I didn't hear the doorbell. Sebastion came down to tell me that there was someone at the door, and by the time I finished up what I was doing (thinking it was a neighbor), got upstairs, slipped my shoes on and peeked out the window, they were pulling out of the driveway. So a few minutes ago, they came again. They were looking for someone that used to live here, I suppose. I let him know we'd been getting her mail (looks like collections stuff) the almost year-and-a-half we'd been here and after sending so many back, I'd started shredding them as they came in. He was nice, apologised for the inconvenience, said he'd make note and try to remember she was no longer here the next time something came thru for her. It's amazing the thoughts that go thru one's head when you know the sheriff's dept. will be knocking on your door again.
My thoughts when they showed up y-day were that they were here for me, after a confrontation by phone I'd had on Friday with the school the Elders used to attend. Would you believe (well if you're a HS'er, you would!
LOL) that the school called my home and then after I didn't answer (didn't recognise the number) and they weren't leaving messages on my answering machine, they called my husband at work wanting to know why my 3rd grade level son was not in school the first week of August.
Can you say DUHHH!!!!! They waited SIX months plus to find out why my child was not in school. After I spoke to my hubby and he told me they had called him, I figured out that the unknown number was them. So....... (mwahahaha) I called them back and played dumb. I finally got on the phone, the moron that had called, inquiring as to where my 6 month 3 week tardy son was. When probed as to why they waited 6 months to find out the whereabouts of my child, she kept trying to tell me the BOE (board of edu) hadn't forwarded the paperwork to them. Which I can understand their concern as to that matter. But then I asked why it took them 6 months to call me, she kept insisting on saying "But the Board....." and again "but the board....." No, I didn't let her get more than that out. I kept interrupting and telling her I didn't care what the board did or didn't do. My concern was with the fact that a school let a child go unattended for SIX months.... "But the board...." Why did it take YOU 6 months to call me? "But the board...." No ma'am. The board didn't realise my child was not in attendance of YOUR school. Why should they? I am on legal record with them. So the ending of my convo with them was..... "Now do you see why I homeschool? I KNOW where my child is 24/7. I don't wait 6 months to realise my child is missing. Do you understand why homeschooling is becoming more and more popular?" She apologised for upsetting me to which I responded: "No, honey, you haven't upset me. You've given me the best laugh in a long time and a story I will definitely be passing." CLICK! & HMPH! I will be calling the BOE to file a formal complaint.
My thoughts when they showed up y-day were that they were here for me, after a confrontation by phone I'd had on Friday with the school the Elders used to attend. Would you believe (well if you're a HS'er, you would!
LOL) that the school called my home and then after I didn't answer (didn't recognise the number) and they weren't leaving messages on my answering machine, they called my husband at work wanting to know why my 3rd grade level son was not in school the first week of August.
Can you say DUHHH!!!!! They waited SIX months plus to find out why my child was not in school. After I spoke to my hubby and he told me they had called him, I figured out that the unknown number was them. So....... (mwahahaha) I called them back and played dumb. I finally got on the phone, the moron that had called, inquiring as to where my 6 month 3 week tardy son was. When probed as to why they waited 6 months to find out the whereabouts of my child, she kept trying to tell me the BOE (board of edu) hadn't forwarded the paperwork to them. Which I can understand their concern as to that matter. But then I asked why it took them 6 months to call me, she kept insisting on saying "But the Board....." and again "but the board....." No, I didn't let her get more than that out. I kept interrupting and telling her I didn't care what the board did or didn't do. My concern was with the fact that a school let a child go unattended for SIX months.... "But the board...." Why did it take YOU 6 months to call me? "But the board...." No ma'am. The board didn't realise my child was not in attendance of YOUR school. Why should they? I am on legal record with them. So the ending of my convo with them was..... "Now do you see why I homeschool? I KNOW where my child is 24/7. I don't wait 6 months to realise my child is missing. Do you understand why homeschooling is becoming more and more popular?" She apologised for upsetting me to which I responded: "No, honey, you haven't upset me. You've given me the best laugh in a long time and a story I will definitely be passing." CLICK! & HMPH! I will be calling the BOE to file a formal complaint.
Comments