I was asked the following:
I went to one of the local grocery stores and asked the ladies at the
bakery for their empty icing buckets. Wal-mart also has them, as do Kroger,
Dunkin' donuts; basically any store that has a bakery. You can also ask fast
food restaurants for their pickle and condiment buckets. Since you aren't
actually storing food in the bucket, paint buckets from Lowe's, Home Depot and
other hardware stores would work adequately as well. Don't use buckets however
that have had paint IN them.
"Kayla-where did you get your icing tubs?
That's a great idea!
Have you decided what you're going to grow?
Jennilee"
I went to one of the local grocery stores and asked the ladies at the
bakery for their empty icing buckets. Wal-mart also has them, as do Kroger,
Dunkin' donuts; basically any store that has a bakery. You can also ask fast
food restaurants for their pickle and condiment buckets. Since you aren't
actually storing food in the bucket, paint buckets from Lowe's, Home Depot and
other hardware stores would work adequately as well. Don't use buckets however
that have had paint IN them.
Since I only had 8 yogurt cups y-day, the Elders and I decided on the following:
Sebastion- 1 cup heirloom maters
Tristen- 1 cup heirloom maters as well
These are THEIR plants and they are responsible for taking care of them. This is done daily now as part of their h'sch'ing day.
The other cups include:
2- heirloom maters
1- jalapeno
1- cuke
1- green bell pepper
1- orange banana maters
Each cup has 3 seeds in it to ensure at least 1 germinated and healthy plant.
Comments