

So I'm thinking we didn't get any mail today because at 12 there still wasn't any mail in the box. She's usually here around 10:30. About 12:30-ish the doorbell goes. It was the mail. A different person. And boy did I cry when I opened the pkg from Miss Marlene. I don't know what I did to get so lucky to have a friend like her, but we love her so much. She sent pasties and bicuits (cookies for the American ear! LOL), twisties (she knows how much Keenan loves these), milo bars (she knows how much I love these *giggles*), marshmallow type candies, crunchy bars (even better than the milos!), pear fruit paste, 2 little kiwi figures, postcards of NZ scenery (beautiful! Absolutely beut!), articles from the recent volcano eruption, and a large canvas map of NZ. Oh and she remembered me saying Sebastion said he wanted a tiki charm, so she sent THREE!!!! Oh and a cooking mag from over there. The boys were soooo excited when I held up the pkg. It's like grand parents coming to visit. WOW! I'm teary-eyed posting about all this wonderful stuff. God bless you Marlene. We love you and are SOOOOO blessed to have you as a friend! Oh and I got something else in there as well, but I'm not posting about that! She's getting it back! Teehee! I hope I didn't forget anything. I usually do as she blesses us with so much stuff! Oh yeah, something rubbery, but I'll need to ask about. It looks like a mold to me. *blush*
OK, so I went and got the rest and here goes: a NZ keyfob, a Picton, NZ bottle opener keyfob, a magnetic notepad, 3 magnets; OH the joy! LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU MARLENE! *hugs and kisses*

Comments
The rubber mold is what we use to make jelly in or ice cubes, I have ducks, penguin, turtles and dolphins, but each year they change them, when one makes a fruit punch for a party we freeze fruit juice in the molds to add to the punch and as summer is just about here its time YOU had one too.
The canvas map is linen and it’s a tee towel, it takes a lot of washing but when its ready [every one just knows when lol] it is the very best for glassware, but people do use them as maps, on the table or to cover food, they hold the heat, many years ago I had one [still have it] but with no names on it and I gave the Girls marking pens and they had to look up the NZ map and fill the names of cities in first and then towns till you couldn’t put any more on, you could do that too if you wish, I have a lot of this type tee towel some as old as me .
The magazine is a supermarket one, every thing you can cook in it is based on what is in the shop for that month or on special, I had an other mag to send but it was just under a KG so will send another time, it’s a supermarket one as well but it’s a lot more up market, and the other thing we will have a conflab in private about.
Now the surprise part of the package and the reason for the package [I just had to fill it up, couldn’t send it half empty] the malt biscuits and the Eskimo sweets go together, on the back of the sweets is a recipe for you and the boys [that little chef I saw a picture of] to make, and the fruit pate goes so well with cheese on crackers, that’s for you and Robert, I never thought to put in some crackers and cheese LOL, and of cause a new key ring each, I think that’s it. Just about forgot , Sent with love and best wishes