Who says nothing in life is free? I guess if you consider Faith to an Awesome GOD as payment then breakfast wasn't free. Yesterday I rec'd a sample for a health shake. Along with a t-shirt that I've given The Hubster. So that was my breakfast. In an effort to clear some cabinet space, I fed the kids some instant oatmeal and some hot cocoa packets for breakfast. We sat down to do Breakfast & Bible, something we've started since reading about The Duggar Family and their their breakfast routine:
Well, about that time, the doorbell rang. It was the UPS lady leaving a small but heavy pkg on my step. I bring it in, see who it's from (one of the survey companies I've joined) and sit it down on the desk, not giving it another thought as we were in the midst of time with Our Lord. I read to the kids whilst they are eating their oats & cocoa. When I am finished, I explain a few things, answer questions and whilst they are finishing, I open the pkg. It was a 23.3 (1.4lbs) canister of Metamucil®. I was immediately brought to tears.
Now I know Metamucil® is an extrememly ODD thing to be overjoyed at, but there are reasons. Read on (beware of sensitive subjects, especially while eating and/or with a sensitive tummy!)......
We all know God provides. Today was a simple reaffirmation . In light of recent "depressions" (for lack of better wording), this was a very much needed reaffirmation . Friday the fam & I went to Wal-mart. I was looking at various fiber products. Metamucil®, Benefiber®, Fiber-sure®, etc. Pricing them, looking at the coupons, basically trying to get a feel for price so when I go shopping this next weekend I can get some sort of fiber product (we couldn't afford it at the time). Since I have quit smoking, and especally since I have started losing weight, my bowels have left a LOT to be desired. Lack of fiber or not, I figured extra fiber can never hurt. On top of that, my Father-in-law was diagnosed recently with diverticulitis. In an effort to hopefully combat that when The Hubster and I get older, I wanted to incorporate extra fiber into our diets NOW!!! Now I hope you can understand why Metamucil® was such a God-send.... And why my breakfast was free. Nothing like an icy cold health shake and a glass or Meta-gatorade for breakfast (I find Metamucil® tastes best when mixed with 8oz COLD orange gatorade) for brek. Amen, amen!
I decided this should be a lesson given to the boys. So I explained to them what I've just explained to you. I reminded them of the 12 coupons we rec'd a couple of months ago for FREE Bryan® products (hot dogs, corn dogs, bacon, lunchmeat, etc) when we were at a shortage of money to buy all the groceries we needed. I reminded them of God providing all that we NEED. And in giving them a lesson, I realised that it was more a lesson to myself as well. I have given our housing situation to God. I'm under too much stress to do His job. And I know deep down inside that He does it just fine. I always know that. Sometimes we just need a small reminder.
Our #1 goal is to lead our children to seek a close relationship with God &
give Him every area of their lives. We purpose to start each day
with a family Bible study, reading a chapter of Proverbs that corresponds with
the day of the month. We have heart to heart talks with each of
the older children regularly. We try to keep up with their attitudes &
actions.
Well, about that time, the doorbell rang. It was the UPS lady leaving a small but heavy pkg on my step. I bring it in, see who it's from (one of the survey companies I've joined) and sit it down on the desk, not giving it another thought as we were in the midst of time with Our Lord. I read to the kids whilst they are eating their oats & cocoa. When I am finished, I explain a few things, answer questions and whilst they are finishing, I open the pkg. It was a 23.3 (1.4lbs) canister of Metamucil®. I was immediately brought to tears.
Now I know Metamucil® is an extrememly ODD thing to be overjoyed at, but there are reasons. Read on (beware of sensitive subjects, especially while eating and/or with a sensitive tummy!)......
We all know God provides. Today was a simple reaffirmation . In light of recent "depressions" (for lack of better wording), this was a very much needed reaffirmation . Friday the fam & I went to Wal-mart. I was looking at various fiber products. Metamucil®, Benefiber®, Fiber-sure®, etc. Pricing them, looking at the coupons, basically trying to get a feel for price so when I go shopping this next weekend I can get some sort of fiber product (we couldn't afford it at the time). Since I have quit smoking, and especally since I have started losing weight, my bowels have left a LOT to be desired. Lack of fiber or not, I figured extra fiber can never hurt. On top of that, my Father-in-law was diagnosed recently with diverticulitis. In an effort to hopefully combat that when The Hubster and I get older, I wanted to incorporate extra fiber into our diets NOW!!! Now I hope you can understand why Metamucil® was such a God-send.... And why my breakfast was free. Nothing like an icy cold health shake and a glass or Meta-gatorade for breakfast (I find Metamucil® tastes best when mixed with 8oz COLD orange gatorade) for brek. Amen, amen!
I decided this should be a lesson given to the boys. So I explained to them what I've just explained to you. I reminded them of the 12 coupons we rec'd a couple of months ago for FREE Bryan® products (hot dogs, corn dogs, bacon, lunchmeat, etc) when we were at a shortage of money to buy all the groceries we needed. I reminded them of God providing all that we NEED. And in giving them a lesson, I realised that it was more a lesson to myself as well. I have given our housing situation to God. I'm under too much stress to do His job. And I know deep down inside that He does it just fine. I always know that. Sometimes we just need a small reminder.
Comments