So the hunk of my burnin' love took yesterday off from work. He pulled his back on Saturday and being in the plane Tuesday and again on Wednesday made it worse. Apparently they hit a lot of turbulence. So he called in a sick day. Now he's back to work and I keep thinking it's Monday. So he'll work today and be off Saturday-Monday, go back to work Tuesday-Saturday and then we will be going on vacay! We'll be visiting the FIL & SMIL for the week of the 4th and we are going to a parade and fireworks show in a smalltown near them in TN. We're all looking forward to it.
So yesterday I got in touch with our landlord about the house he's building. Recap- we are sorta stuck between 2 houses for rent. One an older one that is ok-nice. The LL there is a sweet older gentleman. The second house is still in the process of being built, may be a possible lease purchase and is owned by current LL. Come to find out on Wednesday, CLL (current LL) is running for District 1 commissioner. So I called yesterday to find out more on the house (I spoke to the secretary last Friday, and was to call her back for more info). She was out of the office and will be returning on Monday. So I spoke to CLL. He let me know that there is actually somone in "front of us" for the house, but we are definitely 2nd in line. So a slight downturn to my lips, but I let God know that I KNEW it was up to him. Also kept in mind that there is still a chance.
This Saturday The Hubster & I have a marriage "seminar" of sorts at church. He called his Mom about watching the boys while we attend. Come to find out MIL knows CLL personally. But unfortunately she probably won't be seeing or speaking to him for awhile..... BUT........ Her best friend's husband is CLL's CAMPAIGN MANAGER & said friend is friends with CLL's wife!!!! And MIL's friend apparently loves The Hubster to death (well not literally, LOL). So.... The Hubster asked MIL to have her friend mention her acquaintance with us, etc.....
We are still praying. We have a renewed hope. I feel as if God was testing us again. The Hubster called the other LL on the older house and let him know that we were still unable to make a decision, etc. God held out, testing our Faith, our Patience and our Desire. HE wants to now if we REALLY want the new house. Or if we would be downtrodden and call opn the other house and say "Sure we'll take it," with less than abundant enthusiasm.
Now I've also prepared myself for the worst. That I may be wrong and that we might still NOT get the new house. But without Faith in our Lord & Hope that ALL Things Are Possible, we just might be able to get the new house.



Edited to add: As soon as I hit post, the phone rang. The Hubster needed some info as MIL has spoken to her best friend and friend will speak to CLL's DW and *hopefully* we can be bumped. Sometimes it's nice to run in certain circles- LOL (OK that really was a joke!!!).... PLEASE pray for this situation!!!
So yesterday I got in touch with our landlord about the house he's building. Recap- we are sorta stuck between 2 houses for rent. One an older one that is ok-nice. The LL there is a sweet older gentleman. The second house is still in the process of being built, may be a possible lease purchase and is owned by current LL. Come to find out on Wednesday, CLL (current LL) is running for District 1 commissioner. So I called yesterday to find out more on the house (I spoke to the secretary last Friday, and was to call her back for more info). She was out of the office and will be returning on Monday. So I spoke to CLL. He let me know that there is actually somone in "front of us" for the house, but we are definitely 2nd in line. So a slight downturn to my lips, but I let God know that I KNEW it was up to him. Also kept in mind that there is still a chance.
This Saturday The Hubster & I have a marriage "seminar" of sorts at church. He called his Mom about watching the boys while we attend. Come to find out MIL knows CLL personally. But unfortunately she probably won't be seeing or speaking to him for awhile..... BUT........ Her best friend's husband is CLL's CAMPAIGN MANAGER & said friend is friends with CLL's wife!!!! And MIL's friend apparently loves The Hubster to death (well not literally, LOL). So.... The Hubster asked MIL to have her friend mention her acquaintance with us, etc.....
We are still praying. We have a renewed hope. I feel as if God was testing us again. The Hubster called the other LL on the older house and let him know that we were still unable to make a decision, etc. God held out, testing our Faith, our Patience and our Desire. HE wants to now if we REALLY want the new house. Or if we would be downtrodden and call opn the other house and say "Sure we'll take it," with less than abundant enthusiasm.
Now I've also prepared myself for the worst. That I may be wrong and that we might still NOT get the new house. But without Faith in our Lord & Hope that ALL Things Are Possible, we just might be able to get the new house.



Comments