Skip to main content

What a busy past few days!

Saturday, The Hubster & I were able to attend a seminar on DVD at our church. Dr. Gary Chapman delivers a powerful and Bible-centered message on the importance of marriage and how to keep yours alive and full of love (or TINGLES as he calls it! LOL). If you cannot get to a live Growing Marriage Conference of his, I suggest getting the DVD . If it's a bit on the pricey side, maybe your church group can offer this (for a small fee, as ours did), or you and a few close friends and couples can all chip in.

Anyway, we left home around 8am to drop the kiddlin's off at my Mother-in-law's house. Got to the church around 9, left the church around 3:30 pm, dropped by our house, went to MIL's to pick up the kids and take her out to eat. We hit Longhorn first (about 5:30pm), but with 3 hungry kids, the 45-50 minute wait was not enticing us. About a week ago, The Hubster & I commented on how we'd like to go to Wylie’s again soon. It had been a couple years since we'd been. So that's exactly where we went. I had the pecan-crusted trout, garlic smashed potatoes and steamed veggies, a side salad and one of their de-scrumptious rolls (de-scrumptious taken from my now 6-year-old).

Sunday was church and a rather lazy day of just us family. We grilled bacon-wrapped steaks and had Miss Mags' HM mac-n-cheese and veggies. Monday, The Hubster went to get some work done on the car to prepare for our trip next week.

Otherwise, I have been steadily looking for a new home online and in the papers (in case previously mentioned home falls through), packing, exercising, catching up on laundry and such and preparing for out of town.

I am blessed and really feeling it these days. I hope all of you can feel His love and Blessings as well! And in case I don't get back til we get back from TN, in the Love of Christ, have a wonderful week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The much requested COUPON BINDER! A how-to pictorial

First you start with a LARGE 3-ring binder . I was able to get about a dozen of these for 50-75¢ each at a thrift shoppe, brand new. Mine are from a business complete with logo, but that's ok. 50-75¢ sure beats 8 bucks at Wal-mart. Plus mine DOES have a front pocket, in case I want to make it a bit purtier. Some people prefer a zippered binder. These are GREAT if you can afford the dough for a LARGE one. This one is especially great as it has a handle for carrying. You'll also need some pocket pages . I prefer the 4-per-page pages. The pockets are a little bigger, which is GREAT for those LONG coupons (which stick out, so I fold them in half) and those WIDE coupons, and especially for holding more coupons than their miniature counterparts! Now others have had luck with other pages. They come in 1-pocket (also known as sheet protectors, which we'll be using as well- we'll get to that later), 2 pocket, 4-pocket, 5-pocket, 6-pocket, 8-pocket; 9-pocke t. Anything with more...

Wordless Wednesday

Thursday Thirteen- 13 things I've done in my life....

I've lived in England (where I was born actually) twice, Nebraska, Virginia, South Carolina (twice), Georgia (3 or 4 times) & Florida. I've been to a tech school and graduated from Graphic Arts. I've co-owned a purple camaro (It was a piece of doodoo) I've built shelves (from scratch, not sauder, LOL) I've been to a handful of concerts I met Kevin Martin at one of those concerts He kissed me (just a short quick one) I went to Dragon Con in 95 I worked one in 99 I've been married Been divorced Got married again And have found the Lord & Saviour, Jesus Christ