How do you spell fix-it? How do you spell frugal? D-U-C-T T-A-P-E.
The first picture is of the boys' chore binder. They tore the sheet protectors and their little money envelopes. Instead of buying more expensive (heavy duty high gloss) sheet protectors, I dug into the toolbox. I took strips of duct tape as long as the pages and envelopes and very carefully taped down one side, leaving enough to fold over to the back. Thus lending DOUBLE coverage! The using a 3-hole punch, I re-punched holes and voila! Seems sturdy enough so far!
The second pictures are of the shower curtain in their bathroom that, yes, THEY tore. I figured if it worked for the chore binder, we had a shot at a not so torn up shower cutrain! Ya gotta love boys! LOL... And YES! I stood INSIDE the tub to get the 2nd picture! With this fixer-upper, I laid the shower curtain on the kitchen floor and working in about 18" strips, I applied the tape as close to the top edge as possible & smoothed it out as best I could. I then took a hand-held single hole punch and re-did the holes.


The first picture is of the boys' chore binder. They tore the sheet protectors and their little money envelopes. Instead of buying more expensive (heavy duty high gloss) sheet protectors, I dug into the toolbox. I took strips of duct tape as long as the pages and envelopes and very carefully taped down one side, leaving enough to fold over to the back. Thus lending DOUBLE coverage! The using a 3-hole punch, I re-punched holes and voila! Seems sturdy enough so far!
The second pictures are of the shower curtain in their bathroom that, yes, THEY tore. I figured if it worked for the chore binder, we had a shot at a not so torn up shower cutrain! Ya gotta love boys! LOL... And YES! I stood INSIDE the tub to get the 2nd picture! With this fixer-upper, I laid the shower curtain on the kitchen floor and working in about 18" strips, I applied the tape as close to the top edge as possible & smoothed it out as best I could. I then took a hand-held single hole punch and re-did the holes.


Comments
marlene
Better put that on the grocery list. ;o)