Skip to main content

Today is the day that the Lord hath made.....

Let us rejoice and be glad in it. Amen?

1 Thessalonians 1

1Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians which is in God the Father and in the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

2We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers;

3Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;

4Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

5For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

6And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Ghost.

7So that ye were ensamples to all that believe in Macedonia and Achaia.

8For from you sounded out the word of the Lord not only in Macedonia and Achaia, but also in every place your faith to God-ward is spread abroad; so that we need not to speak any thing.

9For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God;

10And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

It is Saturday. The Hubster had to work today. Something I'm not too happy about. But luckily, he is off tomorrow. We can all attend church, praise God, for he is Good!

I imagine after church, we will peruse the new classifieds, still in search of a new home. I KNOW it is in God's hands and that He will provide. However, as a human, I can't help but feel overwhelmed, a little impatient and even a little depressed.

Tomorrow, VBS is also to commence. Sontreasure Island is the theme, and I KNOW the kids will be so psyched about it. I have volunteered to help with the 4th & 5th graders, and The Hubster is volunteering with, um, something. I don't recall what. Our VBS starts on Sunday and goes til Friday. On Friday there is a great big hubaloo production and then a pizza party for kids & parents & volunteers afterwards.


I figure since we will be so busy tomorrow, it is not the Sunday we're going to hear Voddie Baucham minister at North Point Community Church . He will be there next Sunday as well, so I pray we make it to that one. I've already listened to his Marriage in the Beginning- Marriage by Design, Part 1 & plan on keeping up by listening to part 2. I hope it is on the site tomorrow or Monday. I listened to a sermon on discipling your own children a few weeks ago and was just stunned & overwhelmed by his style. I went on a researching frenzy to find out all I could about this man of God. He is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. He has managed to give me goosebumps and make me cry with his sermons. He is just WOW!!

This morning I made Blueberry Yogurt Muffins . NUMMEEEEE!!!!!! I am aiming to have this house in some semblance of order by the time The Hubster gets home from work about 5:30-6 tonight. I want all boxes to be unseen (except the one corner of our room that we've "written off" specifically for boxes). Dinner will be lasagna, green beans and garlic bread (on HM bread- Mmmm....).

I hope everyone has a blessed day and one as fruitful as I plan on making ours!

Love in His name,


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The much requested COUPON BINDER! A how-to pictorial

First you start with a LARGE 3-ring binder . I was able to get about a dozen of these for 50-75¢ each at a thrift shoppe, brand new. Mine are from a business complete with logo, but that's ok. 50-75¢ sure beats 8 bucks at Wal-mart. Plus mine DOES have a front pocket, in case I want to make it a bit purtier. Some people prefer a zippered binder. These are GREAT if you can afford the dough for a LARGE one. This one is especially great as it has a handle for carrying. You'll also need some pocket pages . I prefer the 4-per-page pages. The pockets are a little bigger, which is GREAT for those LONG coupons (which stick out, so I fold them in half) and those WIDE coupons, and especially for holding more coupons than their miniature counterparts! Now others have had luck with other pages. They come in 1-pocket (also known as sheet protectors, which we'll be using as well- we'll get to that later), 2 pocket, 4-pocket, 5-pocket, 6-pocket, 8-pocket; 9-pocke t. Anything with more...

Wordless Wednesday

Thursday Thirteen- 13 things I've done in my life....

I've lived in England (where I was born actually) twice, Nebraska, Virginia, South Carolina (twice), Georgia (3 or 4 times) & Florida. I've been to a tech school and graduated from Graphic Arts. I've co-owned a purple camaro (It was a piece of doodoo) I've built shelves (from scratch, not sauder, LOL) I've been to a handful of concerts I met Kevin Martin at one of those concerts He kissed me (just a short quick one) I went to Dragon Con in 95 I worked one in 99 I've been married Been divorced Got married again And have found the Lord & Saviour, Jesus Christ