Was my birthday. I was showered with pressies!
MIL invited us to her house for dinner on Sunday (the day before my birthday). By the time to roll on came around, DH and I had had such a horrible few things go on, that we decided for the good of the family & her, not to go. I felt really bad, and worse yet, when he had to stop by her house on Tuesday to pick up my drill that I left in her car a few days before (remind me to tell you our horrible experience with Pep Boys). She sent home a cake she'd bought for us to enjoy Sunday as well as gifts. A 10-piece (even though she didn't realise til she was wrapping it that it was actually a NINE piece set- like me, she buys gifts MONTHS in advance) tool set & a $30 GC to TJMaxx.
From FIL & SMIL I rec'd a card and a $30 check which I spent restocking our fish tank. I've really missed having a big beautiful fishy tank. We had my one last Bronze Cory in a 5-gal tank. We didn't have anywhere to put the 30-gal, so once here in the new house, I made a home for our Finnish Frenz (hehe). I was able to get a new bag of gravel, 6 danios in 2 varieties, a pleco & some filters. Of course I went way over, so the filters were on us, LOL.


But now the bestest gift came from Hubba-Bubba. A few months ago, my wedding band was destroyed (don't bother asking, I won't tell). He bought me a new one, exactly like the other one (except this one is shiny, go figure- ROFL!!!).....

MIL invited us to her house for dinner on Sunday (the day before my birthday). By the time to roll on came around, DH and I had had such a horrible few things go on, that we decided for the good of the family & her, not to go. I felt really bad, and worse yet, when he had to stop by her house on Tuesday to pick up my drill that I left in her car a few days before (remind me to tell you our horrible experience with Pep Boys). She sent home a cake she'd bought for us to enjoy Sunday as well as gifts. A 10-piece (even though she didn't realise til she was wrapping it that it was actually a NINE piece set- like me, she buys gifts MONTHS in advance) tool set & a $30 GC to TJMaxx.
From FIL & SMIL I rec'd a card and a $30 check which I spent restocking our fish tank. I've really missed having a big beautiful fishy tank. We had my one last Bronze Cory in a 5-gal tank. We didn't have anywhere to put the 30-gal, so once here in the new house, I made a home for our Finnish Frenz (hehe). I was able to get a new bag of gravel, 6 danios in 2 varieties, a pleco & some filters. Of course I went way over, so the filters were on us, LOL.


But now the bestest gift came from Hubba-Bubba. A few months ago, my wedding band was destroyed (don't bother asking, I won't tell). He bought me a new one, exactly like the other one (except this one is shiny, go figure- ROFL!!!).....

Comments
Looking forward to hearing your story about the Pep Boys, especially since my husband has done business with them.
Oh, and I went to walmart yesterday and checked out their rotary cutters and it's specifically DRITZ brand that you want to avoid - I don't know about Fiskars, so you might want to go ahead and try that. :)