Skip to main content

THE WDW CHALLENGE


I started my own personal change jar challenge and am aiming for CHRISTmas 2008 or shortly thereafter. Keenan will be 5, old enough to understand it and hopefully to remember it. Robert & I have never been. As of the 7th (when I decided this and started to collect) I have $46.05. I plan on all loose silver, spare bills here and there and whatever else I get to go in it. I will not put pennies in it, but rather roll them and add the silver or bills. Cross fingers for me guys! I want to have 2-3 grand for it!!! I sent away for the planner package and we will stay off resort. Prolly 20 mins or so away to help with the cost. Will visit a Disney store to stock up on goodies (heard about this from shopper's at R's old work- they bought outlet goodies and each day presented them to the kids!!!). We also plan on keeping eating at a WDW place at a minimum. I'm planning a 7 day/6 night trip.

We haven't told the boys yet. We're still debating on this one. And whether to let them add as well. Many things we're debating on this one.

If you have any other tips, I'd love to hear about them. Leave your tips and experiences in the comments section.

Comments

Chrisi said…
HOW EXCITING!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for y'all!!!
If you can keep it from the little ones until closer to time, I will be very impressed. I don't think I could take it. :o)

We went to FL soon after we were married. We were able to stay with my mom & step-father in the condo he gets every year for the races. It was nice because we were able to cook some of our meals and didn't have to eat out EVERY night. That helps with the budget a lot. We also went to Gator Land Zoo, that place is great. I love the outlet idea of getting things ahead to give them. We got the planner package several years ago and the resort prices weren't that bad. They had some good deals that included tickets into the park. Don't eliminate that option.
OOOOH, I'm so excited for you, especially since you and hubby have never been.

Popular posts from this blog

The much requested COUPON BINDER! A how-to pictorial

First you start with a LARGE 3-ring binder . I was able to get about a dozen of these for 50-75¢ each at a thrift shoppe, brand new. Mine are from a business complete with logo, but that's ok. 50-75¢ sure beats 8 bucks at Wal-mart. Plus mine DOES have a front pocket, in case I want to make it a bit purtier. Some people prefer a zippered binder. These are GREAT if you can afford the dough for a LARGE one. This one is especially great as it has a handle for carrying. You'll also need some pocket pages . I prefer the 4-per-page pages. The pockets are a little bigger, which is GREAT for those LONG coupons (which stick out, so I fold them in half) and those WIDE coupons, and especially for holding more coupons than their miniature counterparts! Now others have had luck with other pages. They come in 1-pocket (also known as sheet protectors, which we'll be using as well- we'll get to that later), 2 pocket, 4-pocket, 5-pocket, 6-pocket, 8-pocket; 9-pocke t. Anything with more...

I've moved!!!

In order to simplify, I'll be getting rid of most of my blogs & just downsizing my internet network. We've made a move that you can read about at my new blog, but suffice to say- we're beginning a new life, in a new state, new job, etc. So if you want to hear more about it, Meet me in Wyoming . Don't forget to update your bookmarks!!!

Wordless Wednesday