Skip to main content

The Hubba-bubba likes to pick on me.....

For my creative use of rubbermaid type containers and binders. *sigh* I admit, I should own stock, both in Rubbermaid and Avery. BUT I CAN'T HELP IT!!! It's an addiction...... *sigh*

OK, so let me tell you about my other binder (one of the many "others"). My special occasions binder. I use this to store all of my greeting cards used for birthdays, anniversaries and holidays.

Again, we start out with basic binder. A 1" in this case, but in the midst of revamping, I may need to go larger.




First page is a list, done on a Microsoft Word Document. It is all of the birthdays in month order, followed by the anniversaries. Here is a screenshot. If it looks a little funny, I whited out the last names. Didn't thi
nk friends and fam would appreciate a free ticket for a once in a lifetime opportunity at identity theft. All children (by this I mean 18 and under) have their year of birth following their names. On the next page I have printed out addresses of all the people/families listed on the first page. I have placed my lists in sheet protectors (yeah, told you I should own stock in Avery, didn't I? LOL).




Following all my nifty lists, I then have 2-sided manila pocket pages. Obviously, I start with all 12 moths, followed by the holidays and other miscellany. So, mine is follows (I just used a perm marker to label the pockets):

-January
-February
-March
-April
-May
-June
-July
-August

-September
-October
-November
-December
-Get Well
-Thank You/Congrats
-Hello/Miss You/Thinking of You
-Valentine's Day
-Mother's Day/Father's Day
-Easter
-CHRISTmas (I basically only keep cards for Hubba & the kids, "specialty" unboxed cards)
-Extras (this includes about a half dozen extra birthday cards in case of a new friend, a new family member, or a missed birthday)
-Blank/Misc.





The very last part is another sheet protector. I use this for extra envelopes, stamps, address labels, stickers, etc. You can also use a pencil type pouch or another pocket page.

I have 2 months left until the start of a new year. Every payday I will pop over the the Dollar Tree or the Dollar General with my master dates list in tow & pick up a handful of 2/$1 cards. Once home, I will sort them accordingly by month, most likely writing them out ahead of time, and putting them in their envelopes. I will not seal them yet, however. Who knows when we'll decide to get a family picture made, or when we might have an extra 20 bucks to send a new sweet sixteen-er. I will also not address them. People move all the time. So I will simply put a return label on them, write the names only and insert the written out card.

And there you have it. A peek into another binder of mine!


Comments

Susan Godfrey said…
What a great idea! I"m always trying to find ways to organize things of this nature!
Believer said…
I love the 2/$1 card at the dollar store. You're really into saving or perhaps not spending. Can you help me?

I'm a great organizer or was before the baby who's now a toddler. ;) All my extra time is used to write…my passion.

Popular posts from this blog

The much requested COUPON BINDER! A how-to pictorial

First you start with a LARGE 3-ring binder . I was able to get about a dozen of these for 50-75¢ each at a thrift shoppe, brand new. Mine are from a business complete with logo, but that's ok. 50-75¢ sure beats 8 bucks at Wal-mart. Plus mine DOES have a front pocket, in case I want to make it a bit purtier. Some people prefer a zippered binder. These are GREAT if you can afford the dough for a LARGE one. This one is especially great as it has a handle for carrying. You'll also need some pocket pages . I prefer the 4-per-page pages. The pockets are a little bigger, which is GREAT for those LONG coupons (which stick out, so I fold them in half) and those WIDE coupons, and especially for holding more coupons than their miniature counterparts! Now others have had luck with other pages. They come in 1-pocket (also known as sheet protectors, which we'll be using as well- we'll get to that later), 2 pocket, 4-pocket, 5-pocket, 6-pocket, 8-pocket; 9-pocke t. Anything with more...

Wordless Wednesday

Thursday Thirteen- 13 things I've done in my life....

I've lived in England (where I was born actually) twice, Nebraska, Virginia, South Carolina (twice), Georgia (3 or 4 times) & Florida. I've been to a tech school and graduated from Graphic Arts. I've co-owned a purple camaro (It was a piece of doodoo) I've built shelves (from scratch, not sauder, LOL) I've been to a handful of concerts I met Kevin Martin at one of those concerts He kissed me (just a short quick one) I went to Dragon Con in 95 I worked one in 99 I've been married Been divorced Got married again And have found the Lord & Saviour, Jesus Christ