Skip to main content

It's Monday....

And today I'm ok with that! After the weekend our family had, I am blessed to wake this Monday and to FEEL that blessing. When was the last time you counted your blessings? Don't wait for something drastic to count them. Count them ALL, no matter how small. I know I seem to harp on that, but it is soooo the truth. For every large problem, there are literally hundreds, if not thousands of little blessings. Begin counting them today!

Today is my day to work on the kitchen. I will definitely be using my HKB (home keeping binder) to clean this week as we have a family coming over on CHRISTmas day, including one set of my In-laws from out of town. I will make yoohoo, gatorade's, orange juice, and a sugar free drink for myself. Tomorrow is trash day, so I'll also need to dump any science experiments into a bag. We had to settle for mediocre kitty litter last time and boy does my nose tell me so. I may be du
mping that a day early as well (P-U!!!).

I'm going to attempt the homemade shake and bake recipe from Tawra Kellam's Not Just Beans. I'll be trying it tonight as I'm making "fried" chicken for the Hubba-bubba before he leaves to go out of town for 2 days tomorrow (*snifflesniffle*). Alongside will be my yummy mashed potatoes, corn, green beans & biscuits. I made a bunch of sweets yesterday, so I believe it'll be cupcakes for dessert (portion-control for me, yay!).

Speaking of spending time in the kitchen... When I went grocery shopping Friday, Ingles had the Wyler's brand Cherry soft drink mix on sale 10/$10. They were out of ALL other flavours, so I
picked up 10 thinking I'd try cherry flavoured gatorade. I got the boys' blessings on a new flavour first, of course. It is DELICIOUS!!! Substitute the cherry for the orange or lime flavour, and WOW!!! I think this will replace the regular lime-making. LOL..... Orange remains a fave, but cherry is definitely second now. I've always been leery of trying the different flavours, but this has debunked that hesitance, and we will definitely try some other new flavours! YAY!

Otherwise, I need to clean the kitchen thoroughly (other than the aforementioned chores), pick a closet to clean and get Hubba's toiletries & luggage ready for tomorrow. I hope you have a blessed day. Keep your chin up and, remember 1 Thessalonians 5:17- Pray without ceasing.


In His name,

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh! I am sorry to hear that you did not have a good weekend. I hope everything is okay. Question, did you sub the cherry for the orange or the lime? I am thinking of making some more gatorade for my bunch tomorrow.

Popular posts from this blog

The much requested COUPON BINDER! A how-to pictorial

First you start with a LARGE 3-ring binder . I was able to get about a dozen of these for 50-75¢ each at a thrift shoppe, brand new. Mine are from a business complete with logo, but that's ok. 50-75¢ sure beats 8 bucks at Wal-mart. Plus mine DOES have a front pocket, in case I want to make it a bit purtier. Some people prefer a zippered binder. These are GREAT if you can afford the dough for a LARGE one. This one is especially great as it has a handle for carrying. You'll also need some pocket pages . I prefer the 4-per-page pages. The pockets are a little bigger, which is GREAT for those LONG coupons (which stick out, so I fold them in half) and those WIDE coupons, and especially for holding more coupons than their miniature counterparts! Now others have had luck with other pages. They come in 1-pocket (also known as sheet protectors, which we'll be using as well- we'll get to that later), 2 pocket, 4-pocket, 5-pocket, 6-pocket, 8-pocket; 9-pocke t. Anything with more...

Wordless Wednesday

Thursday Thirteen- 13 things I've done in my life....

I've lived in England (where I was born actually) twice, Nebraska, Virginia, South Carolina (twice), Georgia (3 or 4 times) & Florida. I've been to a tech school and graduated from Graphic Arts. I've co-owned a purple camaro (It was a piece of doodoo) I've built shelves (from scratch, not sauder, LOL) I've been to a handful of concerts I met Kevin Martin at one of those concerts He kissed me (just a short quick one) I went to Dragon Con in 95 I worked one in 99 I've been married Been divorced Got married again And have found the Lord & Saviour, Jesus Christ