First of all, might I ask a small prayer favour of you. Hubba has decided to quit smoking. His last smoke was Friday evening before bed. As of 8 this morning, he still had not caved and stopped by any "quickie-marts." I, of all people close to him, know how hard this is. I was there a mere 7+ months ago (BIG PRAISE!).
Onto bread...... I have the stuff in the bread machine for hamburger buns. I have made them by hand before and have fingers crossed that the machine can help me out with that, and actually turn uot nummy! I also have Mrs. Cat's French Bread Recipe rising on the counter. Dinner will be going into the crockpot as soon as I post this. Boneless country style pork ribs, smothered in BBQ sauce. Mashed taters to follow, green beans and of course, French bread. I think ramekins of applesauce on the side. Delish! Lunch will follow commencement of crockpot setup. We are having ramen and tofu & mixed veggies today. I haven't prepared tofu before but I keep reading and hearing that it takes on the flavour of the spices you use. And what more potently flavourful than sodium-laden ramen broth powder? LOL
Later I will begin testing the boys on their reading levels. I have picked up 2 copies of each, Old Yeller as well as 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I will be reading "alongside" them, so to speak. Both are blowing me away with their reading skills, so I'm sure they'll be fine!
Laundry is going, the house is peaceful, and right now, life is pleasant. I hope all of you are as blessed as I've already been today!
Love in His name.....
~Kayla~
Onto bread...... I have the stuff in the bread machine for hamburger buns. I have made them by hand before and have fingers crossed that the machine can help me out with that, and actually turn uot nummy! I also have Mrs. Cat's French Bread Recipe rising on the counter. Dinner will be going into the crockpot as soon as I post this. Boneless country style pork ribs, smothered in BBQ sauce. Mashed taters to follow, green beans and of course, French bread. I think ramekins of applesauce on the side. Delish! Lunch will follow commencement of crockpot setup. We are having ramen and tofu & mixed veggies today. I haven't prepared tofu before but I keep reading and hearing that it takes on the flavour of the spices you use. And what more potently flavourful than sodium-laden ramen broth powder? LOL
Later I will begin testing the boys on their reading levels. I have picked up 2 copies of each, Old Yeller as well as 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I will be reading "alongside" them, so to speak. Both are blowing me away with their reading skills, so I'm sure they'll be fine!
Laundry is going, the house is peaceful, and right now, life is pleasant. I hope all of you are as blessed as I've already been today!
Love in His name.....
~Kayla~
Comments
I think the delicious smell of bread baking will help keep your husband distracted from his cravings!