Hello there! Blessed new year to you. Sorry I haven't been around. We have been soooooo busy lately. Hubs job is supposed to be opening now, so he's working some wacky and weird hours, Along with that we are getting over the holidays, restarting HS'ing after a short break and have been planning our garden.
Hubs has decided that he wants to move back North when our lease here is up. It's all in God's hands, so we'll see.
I have taken to baking. A LOT! I've also been jarring some of those beautiful babies and currently we have a few jars of Featherlight Chocolate Cake and Pumpkin Raisin Spice bread stored away for dessert or breakfast at a moment's notice. YUM!
Last night I started a new potato flake bread starter. I decided to use brown sugar instead of white and will use wheat instead of all white flour. I'm hoping for a rich homey brown bread for sopping up soup (not to mention, we're low on white sugar *blush blush*). I am so impressed with it. It has a better head on it that what I've ever gotten with the traditional white additives.
Otherwise, I'm drawing a blank on what to type, so with that, I wish you all a blessed & properous New Year!!!
Hubs has decided that he wants to move back North when our lease here is up. It's all in God's hands, so we'll see.
I have taken to baking. A LOT! I've also been jarring some of those beautiful babies and currently we have a few jars of Featherlight Chocolate Cake and Pumpkin Raisin Spice bread stored away for dessert or breakfast at a moment's notice. YUM!
Last night I started a new potato flake bread starter. I decided to use brown sugar instead of white and will use wheat instead of all white flour. I'm hoping for a rich homey brown bread for sopping up soup (not to mention, we're low on white sugar *blush blush*). I am so impressed with it. It has a better head on it that what I've ever gotten with the traditional white additives.
Comments
I killed my last (and first) starter after one round of bread. Brown sugar & wheat sounds yummy.
Could you please share the chocolate cake recipe?
My computer crashed and I lost your blog addy... had to "hunt" you down. LOL!
"Ellie"