Skip to main content

Good morning & Happy Friday!



What a beautiful day this is already shaping up to be! The hubby woke me with him this morning and we spent a very special morning together. I saw him off to work, and 2 of 3 kids are up and at'em. Hubby has ALL weekend off, a feat that hasn't been performed in a couple months! But what a busy weekend it will be.

Tonight is our Film & Finger Food Friday. Every Friday we make a special dinner that we can eat on the living room floor & watch a movie. Rarely do we rent these. They are usually from the library or in
our own personal collection (we have a few hundred movies!). Our meals range from chips & cheese, to massive spreads of what we like to call "Superbowl Nosh," to pizza (sometimes delivered, sometimes from frozen, sometimes from scratch), quesadillas, hot dogs, etc. It is such a great time and the boys love it. I pray it is a memory that I have instilled in them as we have been doing this for a couple of years on & off, but it has been EVERY Friday now for about 6 months now.

Saturday will be spent with R helping his Mum clean out her attic & me, taking the boys to see MY Mum. After, we'll go back to MIL's for a while. AFter that we are going to a film night at church. It looks like it'll be a blast! Then on Sunday we'll be off to church and hopefully a "lazy" relaxing afternoon!

Today I am doing so much to try and pretty up the home front & make it ours. When we moved into this house, we decided that we weren't going to have sooooo many pictures all over that it was drowing. We have a LOT of photos of family, mostly, a couple of friends and of course, the 5 of us. It really got to be too much. So we ended up storing boxes upon boxes of framed photos in the garage. I decided a few weeks ago, that I was going to go through them and tak
e out all the photos and store the frames in the attic and the pics in the house. The heat, humidity and constant change in temps in the attic would literally destroy the photos. So I started this extremely daunting task a few days ago, then decided as I was going through them, to get rid of a BUNCH of frames. And I DO mean a bunch. So I have a ton of frames, PRICED TO MOVE at 10-50¢. I have a couple that will go for a little more than that. But about 90% are in great shape, while the rest are a little worse for wear and only good for the crafty.

Now I was asked by someone when I was telling them this, why I was keeping them for crafting purposes. I told
her she didn't understand, we have a TON. And I AM keeping a LOT for recrafting. I actually have a special project using not one but TWO recrafted items. They are a cinch to make and it's done in less than 5 mins. And oh are they ADORABLE! I have a special post to come specifically regarding that. SO keep an eye out!

On top of recrafting them, I have quite a few that I'm keeping that are in near new condition. I got a handful of photos developed from digital shortly before CHRISTmas to use as gifts. A very special collection of them are from our Trip to the Battlefield. I took specific posed pics of each of the boys individually and then one of the 3 of them together. They turned out FAB!!! Since they are small (4X6), I will be doing a small grouping. I can't wai
t til it's finished and I can see it! On top of that, I'm doing a cuple of those elusive recrafted procjects I just mentioned & then I plan on filling a couple more to fill in some empty wall space here & there.

I've been very inspired lately and part of the reason is a new blog I found. Mrs. Wilt is a beautiful & inspiring lady with a beautiful & inspiring home. It helps too, that I'm going through boxes I'd forgotten we had in order to prepare for el yard sale o' dee century. Well, that's what it seems to us. That is yet another post I'll have for you. The picture of the mountain of junk priced to GOGOGO!!! I will let you in on a few secrets of mine soon as to conducting a yard sale! Otherwise I pray this shapes up to be a very successful sale! It will be March 30-31, so if you feel inclined to sa
y a small prayer for a smooth couple of days, I would appreciate it! I'll be on my own on Friday with the sale & the kids. But Hubby is off on Sat. so that will be a HUGE help. I am so digging this having a garage for this. When Hubby leaves Thursday morning, the boys and I will start setting up in the garage.

I have soooo much more I want to write, but I must go now and be a creative and constructive wife and mommy. It has been taking on a whole new meaning for me lately, & I'm realising what a wonderful job I have!

Have a wonderfully blessed day!

Love in His wonderful name,


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The much requested COUPON BINDER! A how-to pictorial

First you start with a LARGE 3-ring binder . I was able to get about a dozen of these for 50-75¢ each at a thrift shoppe, brand new. Mine are from a business complete with logo, but that's ok. 50-75¢ sure beats 8 bucks at Wal-mart. Plus mine DOES have a front pocket, in case I want to make it a bit purtier. Some people prefer a zippered binder. These are GREAT if you can afford the dough for a LARGE one. This one is especially great as it has a handle for carrying. You'll also need some pocket pages . I prefer the 4-per-page pages. The pockets are a little bigger, which is GREAT for those LONG coupons (which stick out, so I fold them in half) and those WIDE coupons, and especially for holding more coupons than their miniature counterparts! Now others have had luck with other pages. They come in 1-pocket (also known as sheet protectors, which we'll be using as well- we'll get to that later), 2 pocket, 4-pocket, 5-pocket, 6-pocket, 8-pocket; 9-pocke t. Anything with more...

Wordless Wednesday

Thursday Thirteen- 13 things I've done in my life....

I've lived in England (where I was born actually) twice, Nebraska, Virginia, South Carolina (twice), Georgia (3 or 4 times) & Florida. I've been to a tech school and graduated from Graphic Arts. I've co-owned a purple camaro (It was a piece of doodoo) I've built shelves (from scratch, not sauder, LOL) I've been to a handful of concerts I met Kevin Martin at one of those concerts He kissed me (just a short quick one) I went to Dragon Con in 95 I worked one in 99 I've been married Been divorced Got married again And have found the Lord & Saviour, Jesus Christ