Wednesday was a BEAUTIFUL day!!! We took a couple hours outside basking in the sun. Actually, we worked up a little bit of a sweat. I was able to pick up weed cover from my wonderful MIL's house a couple weeks ago. I dug through one of our hardware boxes and found some of those u-shaped staples. I couldn't find our staple gun (which probably would have been easier), so I had to improvise. They actually worked wonderfully, and I'm guessing they will prove to work BETTER!
Here are a few pictures of the so-far-finished project. There will be more to come on this project! Robo-energy Keenan worked so hard picking sticks up out of the yard and throwing them into the wooded area of the yard. My dearest Sebastion raked the pinecones, leaves, etc. in a defined area (where I had decided to place the boxes). And wonderful Mr. Tristen helped with the weed cover by digging u-shaped staples out of the hardware box and standing on the weed cover so it wouldn't blow away while I cut it.



My Dad got some 2X6's for me free from a construction site and cut those and some lattice strips down to size to make my boxes. MIL gave me the weed cover needed for underneath the boxes. So far I have spent energy and time and absolutely no money. Of course the $$ part is soon to come. The u-staples I used to attach the weed cover to the boxes actually came free as well. The hubby scored a hardware box chock full of various hardware from outside the dumpster at his last place of employment.
My next trick is to make cat-proof chicken wire covers & then to start filling them with Mel's special mix, gridding them and of course PLANTING!!!
Here are a few pictures of the so-far-finished project. There will be more to come on this project! Robo-energy Keenan worked so hard picking sticks up out of the yard and throwing them into the wooded area of the yard. My dearest Sebastion raked the pinecones, leaves, etc. in a defined area (where I had decided to place the boxes). And wonderful Mr. Tristen helped with the weed cover by digging u-shaped staples out of the hardware box and standing on the weed cover so it wouldn't blow away while I cut it.



My Dad got some 2X6's for me free from a construction site and cut those and some lattice strips down to size to make my boxes. MIL gave me the weed cover needed for underneath the boxes. So far I have spent energy and time and absolutely no money. Of course the $$ part is soon to come. The u-staples I used to attach the weed cover to the boxes actually came free as well. The hubby scored a hardware box chock full of various hardware from outside the dumpster at his last place of employment.
My next trick is to make cat-proof chicken wire covers & then to start filling them with Mel's special mix, gridding them and of course PLANTING!!!