Skip to main content

Tips for freebies hunting

I have been asked several questions regarding different areas of freebie hunting. Here are a few tips based on those questions.

1- I recommend you sign up with a free email service. Yahoo is a good one. You have the option of a spam folder, and that folder can be auto-deleted or manually. It even gives you the option of holding them for a certain amount of time, for your viewing and then will delete them automatically. Yahoo is also one of the few email services that does not automatically "blacklist" addresses. You will get ALOT of junk mail, as the companies you sign up for will indeed sell or give out your info. Expect a lot of nonsense in your inbox. You wouldn't want this going to your personal email, do you? Yahoo also does not count your spam folder (they call it BULK) towards your storage quota. And it also seems to have one of the largest quotas.

2- I've been asked how to track the freebies you apply for. Me, personally, I don't. I figure, I didn't pay money for them, just a little bit of time and they aren't mine to begin with. However, if you still want to track them, there are a few ways you can do that!
a) Keep a little notebook next to your computer and jot down the date, site and offer. Also record how long the site says it'll take to get to you. Cross them off as you receive them.
b) Keeping track of the same info, you can start a Word or Publisher or Excel document and delete them as they come in.
c) You can also make a faves folder, save the final page to faves and delete them as you rec’v your goodies. This can take up a lot of room on your computer, so I only recommend doing this if you don’t order as many as I do (LOL).

3- Expect to rec’v future postal mail from some companies. Some are great, they send you more coupons, update you on new products, etc. Some as I stated before, sell your info. Some solicit. It’s a mixed bag and you need to be prepared to expect anything. If you have a post office box, remember SOME companies will not deliver to PO boxes!

4- The dreaded phone number question. It asks for a phone number and if you’re like me, unless it is an extremely reputable company, you don’t feel comfy with that. While there are some companies that won’t send your item without calling you first to verify your order, most use email for verification, IF they verify at all. I use “000-000-0000” or “555-555-5555”, and a lot of sites will accept that. There are some set up to not accept that so I chose a zip code from the city I USED to live at, combined with the first 3 where I am at now combined with 2 numbers from my old and 2 numbers from my new. I don’t feel bad about this, because the area code and the first 3 won’t reach anyone to annoy (as in wrong number). And it’s easy for me to remember! The way I see it as I said before, if they want to verify and can’t reach me, they won’t send out the item, it’s ok. I didn’t need it in the first place.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The much requested COUPON BINDER! A how-to pictorial

First you start with a LARGE 3-ring binder . I was able to get about a dozen of these for 50-75¢ each at a thrift shoppe, brand new. Mine are from a business complete with logo, but that's ok. 50-75¢ sure beats 8 bucks at Wal-mart. Plus mine DOES have a front pocket, in case I want to make it a bit purtier. Some people prefer a zippered binder. These are GREAT if you can afford the dough for a LARGE one. This one is especially great as it has a handle for carrying. You'll also need some pocket pages . I prefer the 4-per-page pages. The pockets are a little bigger, which is GREAT for those LONG coupons (which stick out, so I fold them in half) and those WIDE coupons, and especially for holding more coupons than their miniature counterparts! Now others have had luck with other pages. They come in 1-pocket (also known as sheet protectors, which we'll be using as well- we'll get to that later), 2 pocket, 4-pocket, 5-pocket, 6-pocket, 8-pocket; 9-pocke t. Anything with more...

Wordless Wednesday

Thursday Thirteen- 13 things I've done in my life....

I've lived in England (where I was born actually) twice, Nebraska, Virginia, South Carolina (twice), Georgia (3 or 4 times) & Florida. I've been to a tech school and graduated from Graphic Arts. I've co-owned a purple camaro (It was a piece of doodoo) I've built shelves (from scratch, not sauder, LOL) I've been to a handful of concerts I met Kevin Martin at one of those concerts He kissed me (just a short quick one) I went to Dragon Con in 95 I worked one in 99 I've been married Been divorced Got married again And have found the Lord & Saviour, Jesus Christ