THNX to the responses via both comments & email, I will continue posting here. I've prayed about this a lot. I will continue to moderate comments, but there are several touching messages I've rec'd. It would be selfish of me to discontinue blogging here. Thank you to those who sent messages, they are greatly appreciated and very touching. With that, I will move on to my 10 blessings. I really have missed blogging here & have so much to catch up on.
1- God & the power of prayer
2- Long lost friends that come back to you
3- Friends that show they truly care
4- Harry's Farmers Market
5- Banana Flax muffins
6- Sunny days and warmer weather
7- Fun mail
8- Recognition (this is on SOOOO many levels)
9- The kids
10- My Hubby
On to other things, Kee is officially using a big boy potty. Sure we have accidents every few days, but he hasn't worn a dipe in over a week. Not.even.to.bed. YIPPEE!!! I am soooo proud of him.
Yesterday, during errands, I FINALLY went that bread store I mentioned a few weeks ago. IT ROCKS!!! I scored 5 loaves of bread (2 multi-grain & 3 pumpernickel) & 3 different types of Entemans' full sized cakes. The cost? A whopping $8.16!!! It has made my twice-monthly shopping list. I got the cakes 3/$5 or they were $2 each. Either way a nice deal. 2 cakes are in the freezer; the other has a slice missing, teehee..... The pumpernickel loafs are a pound each and were $1 each or 3/$2. 2 of those are also in the freezer. The multi-grain loaves were in a 2-pack for $1. They are each 28oz. The reason for the low cost of the multi-grain bread is that they expired yesterday (I found that anything expiring same day cost $1, including cakes, breads, donuts, etc.). One of those loaves was used up last night making grilled cheese & grilled meat-n-cheese sarnis for dinner. The other loaf..... You guessed it- In the freezer. Everything else expires March 7-9. So definitely a wonderful deal for our family. I'm sure their stock changes almost daily, and I can't wait to see what they have in a couple weeks.
I also went to Harry's Farmer's Market to pick up some Flax seed. We were almost out, and I have been slacking on adding it to our foods. I changed that this morning, starting with Banana Flax Muffins (I will be posting the recipe on In The Kitchen With Army Of Five along with a picture, soon.
Otherwise in life, I have just been putting along. I've been looking into new curriculum for next year, I have been slowly going through the house, organising, tossing trash, etc. We are in the throes of a "preparing for a yard sale mess." I am still extremely busy and unsure of what the blogging status holds, but I'll try to post at least once a week!
Comments
Do you grind the flax seed or just put it in whole?
((HUGS)) I'm so happy you're gonna stick around. I've really missed your posts.