For the previous work we've done on our Square foot garden, you can go here and there are 2 posts- 1 on us building the boxes, the other of the boxes finished and ready for fill. Scroll down past the first post to see the pics.
I've also got most of the laths across the tops, but I did that as it was getting dark, so pics of those to come later. I am short 2 laths, so hubba is picking those up for me today, as well as some chicken wire. Today I'm dropping the corn seeds into one box, and I'm going to start building an upside down mater planter out of an icing bucket (yay).
Here's the mixing process- vermiculite, peat (which isn't on this pile shown just yet!), a couple different composts

And here they are filled:

I've also got most of the laths across the tops, but I did that as it was getting dark, so pics of those to come later. I am short 2 laths, so hubba is picking those up for me today, as well as some chicken wire. Today I'm dropping the corn seeds into one box, and I'm going to start building an upside down mater planter out of an icing bucket (yay).
Here's the mixing process- vermiculite, peat (which isn't on this pile shown just yet!), a couple different composts

And here they are filled:

Comments
Gardening is so exciting...I can't wait for some big juicy summer maters!! Yum yum!
I love seeing the pics of your kids helping. My dd (who is 3 1/2) has been helping to plant out garden. It has been interesting LOL! But she has a great time digging in the dirt and throwing in seeds. Probably the stuff she threw down and stepped on, wacked with the hoe, and dumped 5 gallons of water on will do better than anything else in the garden!! LOL!!!
Have a great day!
Shawna