So I get to Home Depot, and I'm only there about 3 minutes when Hubba calls me and asks if I was on my way home yet (I'm thinking, um no, I JUST left home 10 minutes ago, why would I be on my way home?
). I was also thinking there was a tornado watch since the skies are dark and we're expecting t-storms. I'm like "Um no, why?" And he says "Shorty (meaning Keenan) just fell on the hearth and busted his head open." 
So, knowing that he tends to freak out over this stuff, I just told him ok, and I was on my way. Called him as I was pulling out of the lot to tell him I was going to stop at CVS to pick up some butterfly strips. Luckily, I have the 2 older boys, so I'm used to this- both have had either glue or stitches, plus I had to take Hubba to the ER a few years ago for 2 different sets of stitches (he had 2 guys jump him and beat the schnozz out of him).
I had really hoped that when Keenan had his surgery 2.5 years ago that those were his "stitches." But, alas, I was wrong. They've all been around 3 for their 1st round of this type of injury. I used the butterfly strips, he's going to have a scar, but it closed up nicely (like when they glued Tristen's head) and we're keeping an eye on him for concussion. I didn't take him to the ER as all they'd do is glue his head and it'd take them 3 or 4 hours to get him seen.
Poor kid is laying on the couch watching spongebob, drinking apple juice and got an ice pack on his head. Thank God he's not showing signs of a concussion, and if he continues to show no signs, I'll give him some motrin in about 20 mins. It just sucks when your babies hurt!
). I was also thinking there was a tornado watch since the skies are dark and we're expecting t-storms. I'm like "Um no, why?" And he says "Shorty (meaning Keenan) just fell on the hearth and busted his head open." 
So, knowing that he tends to freak out over this stuff, I just told him ok, and I was on my way. Called him as I was pulling out of the lot to tell him I was going to stop at CVS to pick up some butterfly strips. Luckily, I have the 2 older boys, so I'm used to this- both have had either glue or stitches, plus I had to take Hubba to the ER a few years ago for 2 different sets of stitches (he had 2 guys jump him and beat the schnozz out of him).
I had really hoped that when Keenan had his surgery 2.5 years ago that those were his "stitches." But, alas, I was wrong. They've all been around 3 for their 1st round of this type of injury. I used the butterfly strips, he's going to have a scar, but it closed up nicely (like when they glued Tristen's head) and we're keeping an eye on him for concussion. I didn't take him to the ER as all they'd do is glue his head and it'd take them 3 or 4 hours to get him seen.
Poor kid is laying on the couch watching spongebob, drinking apple juice and got an ice pack on his head. Thank God he's not showing signs of a concussion, and if he continues to show no signs, I'll give him some motrin in about 20 mins. It just sucks when your babies hurt!
Comments
You are right about the ER though!
:-) Susan
I'm out blogsurfing today via the TT blogroll.