I guess it's actually a week in the life of since it's been just over a week since I've blogged last (yes, we'll count the tag as post, LOL).
Been sorta busy, as usual. Hubba was in a car accident Oct. 30th. He's fine, but it cracked both the front & rear bumpers of the car & did some damage to the paint on the back end. He was sitting at a light when someone slammed into the back of him, ramming him into the car in front. The car in the front left because "there's no damage to my car." It's amazing how quickly people will leave the scene of an accident when they don't have insurance or they've got a warrant out for their arrests, huh? Of course that's only speculation, but according to my Hubba, the guy was anxious to go & drove off before Hubba even had a CHANCE to get the colour, make, etc or the tag number. Yeah, sounds like a guilty conscience to me. So anyway, other than a stiff & sore body, he's fine. And we are so blessed that it wasn't much worse!!! The car goes into the shoppe on Monday & should be there a week. Meanwhile, we'll have a rental. Thankfully (at least as it stands now) the other guy's insurance is being great about taking care of things. We'll see how that continues, or not.
Then of course, Halloween on the 31st. We went to a "Fall Festival" at one of the local churches. My kids were absolutely gorgeous in the 'tumes, even if I do say so meself, LOL. I was able to get them on clearance last year for $2.50 & less each. The costumes I mean, not the kids!



Then Thursday the 1st of November was Seb's birthday! I took him to Target to pick out some Legos (NOT made in china!!!). He loved them. Then we had our usual birthday dinner of ICE CREAM!!! I did have to take Hubba to the Urgent Care on this afternoon. So it was a busy & interesting day!

Friday morning, we're talking EARLY (4am) I woke up sick. I won't go into details, but I'll tell you it's very TMI! I was sick until I went to bed Saturday night. Which really stunk, because we had a get together for Seb's birthday on Sunday, so I was POOPED (pun intended ;) ). The party went off great though. Everyone had a good time & Seb requested burgers, so we grilled & had fries & baked beans alongside them. YUM!

Otherwise, it's been homeschooling, broken heating (yes again!!! And TWICE since I blogged last! ARGH!!!) & canning among the daily to-do's. I also started another sourdough starter today. It's not the typical recipe I use. This is a real one, not as sweet (sorry Melody! LOL). Below are pics of some of my canning on Monday- chicken liver & pork loin (I haven't gotten pics yet of the chili & marinade I did today yet). I've also posted a pic of the sourdough starter. And for good measure, I'll throw in a couple of misc pics too!



God bless & have a GREAT weekend!!! If I'm not back by Monday, remember our veterans. Keep those overseas fighting for our ability to live as we wish in your prayers as well!

Been sorta busy, as usual. Hubba was in a car accident Oct. 30th. He's fine, but it cracked both the front & rear bumpers of the car & did some damage to the paint on the back end. He was sitting at a light when someone slammed into the back of him, ramming him into the car in front. The car in the front left because "there's no damage to my car." It's amazing how quickly people will leave the scene of an accident when they don't have insurance or they've got a warrant out for their arrests, huh? Of course that's only speculation, but according to my Hubba, the guy was anxious to go & drove off before Hubba even had a CHANCE to get the colour, make, etc or the tag number. Yeah, sounds like a guilty conscience to me. So anyway, other than a stiff & sore body, he's fine. And we are so blessed that it wasn't much worse!!! The car goes into the shoppe on Monday & should be there a week. Meanwhile, we'll have a rental. Thankfully (at least as it stands now) the other guy's insurance is being great about taking care of things. We'll see how that continues, or not.
Then of course, Halloween on the 31st. We went to a "Fall Festival" at one of the local churches. My kids were absolutely gorgeous in the 'tumes, even if I do say so meself, LOL. I was able to get them on clearance last year for $2.50 & less each. The costumes I mean, not the kids!
Then Thursday the 1st of November was Seb's birthday! I took him to Target to pick out some Legos (NOT made in china!!!). He loved them. Then we had our usual birthday dinner of ICE CREAM!!! I did have to take Hubba to the Urgent Care on this afternoon. So it was a busy & interesting day!
Friday morning, we're talking EARLY (4am) I woke up sick. I won't go into details, but I'll tell you it's very TMI! I was sick until I went to bed Saturday night. Which really stunk, because we had a get together for Seb's birthday on Sunday, so I was POOPED (pun intended ;) ). The party went off great though. Everyone had a good time & Seb requested burgers, so we grilled & had fries & baked beans alongside them. YUM!
Otherwise, it's been homeschooling, broken heating (yes again!!! And TWICE since I blogged last! ARGH!!!) & canning among the daily to-do's. I also started another sourdough starter today. It's not the typical recipe I use. This is a real one, not as sweet (sorry Melody! LOL). Below are pics of some of my canning on Monday- chicken liver & pork loin (I haven't gotten pics yet of the chili & marinade I did today yet). I've also posted a pic of the sourdough starter. And for good measure, I'll throw in a couple of misc pics too!

Comments
The pictures were great! I love the tub one! Just a little head peaking out.
I didn't know you homeschooled! What do you use?
Do you have other means for heating? Thankfully it's not in the middle of winter, unless you are somewhere warm. I'll be finding out soon enough were you live.:)
Coupons, coupon, coupons!!!
What starter are you using? Please post the recipe that you are using.
I tossed my starter.(again) I've been using a wheat one. I think it got moldly! Yuck! I need to do some looking into wheat ones.
Sorry for the long comment! :p
Wow, you've been busy, love the pictures!
btw-you are tagged with a very long & annoying meme.