Here is an email I'm composing to B/K'n/LL:
Let me start off by saying, I am a very disgruntled consumer. I won't lie.
I recently contacted your company, via phone, in regards to the origin of your toys. I was more than dismayed when I was told that some of your toys are manufactured in China, as I & many others are under the (mistaken) impression that your toys are European made. Quite frankly, I don't care what your standards are when it come to Chinese factories. Mattel said they had stringent policies that China was supposed to follow, as have Hasbro & many other "reputable" companies involved in large scale recalls. However, what upset me even more was the fact that when I was offered an email containing "strict" policies the Chinese factories are "supposed" to be following, I never received it. I've been checking both my inbox & my spam folder. How can you be so sure that the Chinese factories are doing their jobs, when the operators at your 800-number aren't even doing theirs? Are you in these Chinese factories each hour of each day? How often do you do a surprise inspection? How often are your toys from China tested for lead, illicit drugs (glue) & other toxicities? You don't have to answer these questions. I wouldn't trust your answers anyway. I'm simply voicing my discontent.
Needless to say, I was skeptical about purchasing your products knowing they were made in China. However, since this incident of your company not following through on an offer of policy, I'm no longer skeptical. I've just written you off my list. If I can't trust your English-speaking operators, why would I trust the Chinese factories to produce a safe toy for my children? After all, they've been great about it so far, right?
Let me start off by saying, I am a very disgruntled consumer. I won't lie.
I recently contacted your company, via phone, in regards to the origin of your toys. I was more than dismayed when I was told that some of your toys are manufactured in China, as I & many others are under the (mistaken) impression that your toys are European made. Quite frankly, I don't care what your standards are when it come to Chinese factories. Mattel said they had stringent policies that China was supposed to follow, as have Hasbro & many other "reputable" companies involved in large scale recalls. However, what upset me even more was the fact that when I was offered an email containing "strict" policies the Chinese factories are "supposed" to be following, I never received it. I've been checking both my inbox & my spam folder. How can you be so sure that the Chinese factories are doing their jobs, when the operators at your 800-number aren't even doing theirs? Are you in these Chinese factories each hour of each day? How often do you do a surprise inspection? How often are your toys from China tested for lead, illicit drugs (glue) & other toxicities? You don't have to answer these questions. I wouldn't trust your answers anyway. I'm simply voicing my discontent.
Needless to say, I was skeptical about purchasing your products knowing they were made in China. However, since this incident of your company not following through on an offer of policy, I'm no longer skeptical. I've just written you off my list. If I can't trust your English-speaking operators, why would I trust the Chinese factories to produce a safe toy for my children? After all, they've been great about it so far, right?
Comments