Skip to main content

Made where?

I've been doing a LOT of research finding toys NOT made in China. I've been googling, reading news stories, studying packages & calling companies in regards to this "epidemic," of sorts. I know there's a lot of controversy over this. I also know that just because items are made somewhere other than China doesn't necessarily make them safe. HOWEVER, the majority of toy recalls lately have been "Made in China." I feel that if we can make our voices heard on this issue, it will scream to other companies that junk will not be tolerated.


Here is a list of 20 companies/sites that make toys NOT in China. Be aware of labels though, as sometimes country of origin may change. I'm also human & would advise you err on the side of caution. Ask before ordering online or from a catalog. Read the boxes when you're in a store and holding something from your child's wish list. I don't mind if you use this list elsewhere, but please link back to me, or give credit where credit is due. I WANT this list to circulate. The more people that are aware of this info, means more people that will be heard!!!


American Plastic Toys, Inc.
http://www.americanplastictoys.com/
Proud manufacturer of American made toys
*JCPenney & Big Lots carry items from this company. Beware of labels that read “Made in America, xxxx part made in China*

Barrel of Monkeys
Click HERE
Made by Milton Bradley/Hasbro. I have verified this is made in the USA

Buy American
Click HERE
(This site includes toys, house wares, gifts, pet supplies, LOTS of things)

Channel Craft- Authentic American Toys, Games & Puzzles
Click HERE

For almost 25 years, Channel Craft has been manufacturing Authentic American Toys, Games and Puzzles that are "Quality Crafted" right here in the U.S.A.

Hugg-A-Planet® Earth, "The teddy bear of the 21st" century
http://www.huggaplanet.com/
100% Organic cotton (no pesticides) animals that need a home. Eyes embroidered for added safety. Made in the Green Mountains of Vermont.

Kathy’s Kreations
http://www.kathyskreations.com/
Stuffed animals designed and made in America

Kazoo Toys
http://www.kazootoys.com/usa-made-toys.html
This is a link to JUST the US-made toys!

Little Tikes
http://www.littletikes.com/
MOST Little Tikes toys are US made, HOWEVER, please check the labels as some of their products or part are imported.

Maple Landmark Woodcraft
http://www.maplelandmark.com/
American Made to American Standards

Milton Bradley
http://www.hasbro.com/games/
Milton Bradley is owned & made by Hasbro. MOST MB games & puzzles are US made, HOWEVER check the packaging as a few are “Made in the USA, with paint from China”

Montgomery Schoolhouse
http://www.montgomeryschoolhouse.com/
Award-winning wooden toys made in the USA

POOF! Foam (balls, action toys, etc)
http://www.poof-slinky.com/

Slinky
http://www.poof-slinky.com/
The Slinky® is still made in Hollidaysburg, Pennsylvania with the original equipment Richard James created.

Roy Toy
http://www.roytoy.com/
Made in the USA since 1930

Step 2
http://step2.com/
Durable American-made products for children and your home.

Story Board Toys
http://www.storyboardtoys.com/about.htm
ArtHouse and ArtHouse decor kits are entirely American-made with a conscientious commitment to quality, safety, the environment, and fair business practices.

The Union Shop
Click HERE
Some games, Kids’ CD’s & clothing made in the USA

U.S. Made Toys
http://www.usmadetoys.com/
This is the place to find classic toys, fun games, and unique gifts for all ages. We specialize in products that are made in the USA.

Vermont Teddy Bear
http://shop.vermontteddybear.com/
Handmade in Vermont

Zome
http://www.zometool.com/
Zometool components are made in the USA with food grade materials and colors, and exceed stringent U.S. and European safety standards for children over 3 years of age.




Comments

Anonymous said…
You have really done your homework. I am so proud of you! I'm sure many will benefit from your work too. I don't have any little ones to buy toys for, even the younger nieces & nephews get so many toys for Christmas we are going another direction probably, haven't decided what exactly.
Anonymous said…
This is wonderful! Thank you so much. It makes toy shopping a bit easier--and gives me something to say when folks ask who DOESN'T make things in China.

Popular posts from this blog

The much requested COUPON BINDER! A how-to pictorial

First you start with a LARGE 3-ring binder . I was able to get about a dozen of these for 50-75¢ each at a thrift shoppe, brand new. Mine are from a business complete with logo, but that's ok. 50-75¢ sure beats 8 bucks at Wal-mart. Plus mine DOES have a front pocket, in case I want to make it a bit purtier. Some people prefer a zippered binder. These are GREAT if you can afford the dough for a LARGE one. This one is especially great as it has a handle for carrying. You'll also need some pocket pages . I prefer the 4-per-page pages. The pockets are a little bigger, which is GREAT for those LONG coupons (which stick out, so I fold them in half) and those WIDE coupons, and especially for holding more coupons than their miniature counterparts! Now others have had luck with other pages. They come in 1-pocket (also known as sheet protectors, which we'll be using as well- we'll get to that later), 2 pocket, 4-pocket, 5-pocket, 6-pocket, 8-pocket; 9-pocke t. Anything with more...

Wordless Wednesday

Thursday Thirteen- 13 things I've done in my life....

I've lived in England (where I was born actually) twice, Nebraska, Virginia, South Carolina (twice), Georgia (3 or 4 times) & Florida. I've been to a tech school and graduated from Graphic Arts. I've co-owned a purple camaro (It was a piece of doodoo) I've built shelves (from scratch, not sauder, LOL) I've been to a handful of concerts I met Kevin Martin at one of those concerts He kissed me (just a short quick one) I went to Dragon Con in 95 I worked one in 99 I've been married Been divorced Got married again And have found the Lord & Saviour, Jesus Christ