I've been informed that my math was wrong on the chicken. My math wasn't actually wrong, but I had transposed my numbers. So my math was right, my numbers were wrong. I'm still very happy with the amount of meat I got for the price (Thank you, Hubba. And thank you for allowing me to continue homeschooling the kids, hehe).

I went and did some grocery shopping today. I love sharing my deals, and I really racked up on a LOT of mark-down dealios!! The meat scores are my fave!!
MEAT:
23.92lbs Boneless, Skinless Chicken= $33.01 ($1.38/lb)
5.90lbs Leg of Lamb= $11.74 ($1.99/lb)
3.56lbs Bratwurst= $5.97 ($1.99/19oz pkg)
1.5lbs Breakfast Sausage= $1.98 (99¢ per 12oz pkg)
5.01lbs ground chuck= $8.92 ($1.78/lb)
Grand total= 39.89lbs of meat for a whopping $61.62
DAIRY:
2- 1/2 gallons organic whole milk= $1.58 each (That's only $3.16 per GALLON!!)
2- 1/2 gallons chocolate drink (you know the "fake milk?")= 58¢ each
PRODUCE:
1 pkg stoplight peppers= $1.99
1 8oz pkg snap peas= 99¢
1 12oz pkg mixed veg= 99¢
I also scored some fancy coffee (the New England brand) for $1.24 an 11oz bag (got 1 each- French vanilla & Hazelnut creme) & some batteries (ray-o-vac) for 98¢ a pkg.
The 5lb pkg of ground beef has been frozen into 1lb portions. I used 3 of the family sized pkgs of chicken, separated them & vac sealed them into 5 pkgs (4 per pkg). The other 2 I've frozen as whole pkgs & plan on canning some & using the rest to make my "famous" chicken, tater, corn soup, which will also be canned. YUMYUM!
Here's me doing the happy dance! LOL


I went and did some grocery shopping today. I love sharing my deals, and I really racked up on a LOT of mark-down dealios!! The meat scores are my fave!!
MEAT:
23.92lbs Boneless, Skinless Chicken= $33.01 ($1.38/lb)
5.90lbs Leg of Lamb= $11.74 ($1.99/lb)
3.56lbs Bratwurst= $5.97 ($1.99/19oz pkg)
1.5lbs Breakfast Sausage= $1.98 (99¢ per 12oz pkg)
5.01lbs ground chuck= $8.92 ($1.78/lb)
Grand total= 39.89lbs of meat for a whopping $61.62
DAIRY:
2- 1/2 gallons organic whole milk= $1.58 each (That's only $3.16 per GALLON!!)
2- 1/2 gallons chocolate drink (you know the "fake milk?")= 58¢ each
PRODUCE:
1 pkg stoplight peppers= $1.99
1 8oz pkg snap peas= 99¢
1 12oz pkg mixed veg= 99¢
I also scored some fancy coffee (the New England brand) for $1.24 an 11oz bag (got 1 each- French vanilla & Hazelnut creme) & some batteries (ray-o-vac) for 98¢ a pkg.
The 5lb pkg of ground beef has been frozen into 1lb portions. I used 3 of the family sized pkgs of chicken, separated them & vac sealed them into 5 pkgs (4 per pkg). The other 2 I've frozen as whole pkgs & plan on canning some & using the rest to make my "famous" chicken, tater, corn soup, which will also be canned. YUMYUM!
Here's me doing the happy dance! LOL

Comments