Skip to main content

Yard sales, long drives & birthday parties

You know spring has sprung when you can't go 50 feet without seeing a yard sale sign! LOL...

Yesterday we took Hubba to work, and on the way home we hit a few yard sales. I managed a fondue pot, brand new & in the box ($3), a "vintage" fire king loaf pan (like pyrex- 25¢), 4 quart sized canning jars (25¢ each) and a few freebie toys (the sweet lady gave the kids some toys).

We headed home, so I could change & get the directions to Hubba's great-nephew's birthday party. It was an hour away. We went. It was one of those bouncy places. The kids had a BLAST! We ate pizza & chips, cake & ice cream. Ater almost 3 hours, we headed out. Hit Ingles on the way home for a few groceries, home to put them up & rest for a mo, then back out to pick up Hubba. On the way home, we stopped & picked up a bunch of frozen convenience foods for dinner. We plopped in front of a movie & snacked on jalapeƱo poppers, mozzie stick, shrimp spread & crackers, hot wings, buffalo bites, fruit & nut bread & some cake.

It was a blessing of a day & we are so grateful for the family time, the safe travels & for good deals. Thank you Lord!

Comments

Anonymous said…
A fondue pot for 3 bucks!? Mind sending me some of your yard sell luck this way?

Jia
www.modernmollymormon.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

The much requested COUPON BINDER! A how-to pictorial

First you start with a LARGE 3-ring binder . I was able to get about a dozen of these for 50-75¢ each at a thrift shoppe, brand new. Mine are from a business complete with logo, but that's ok. 50-75¢ sure beats 8 bucks at Wal-mart. Plus mine DOES have a front pocket, in case I want to make it a bit purtier. Some people prefer a zippered binder. These are GREAT if you can afford the dough for a LARGE one. This one is especially great as it has a handle for carrying. You'll also need some pocket pages . I prefer the 4-per-page pages. The pockets are a little bigger, which is GREAT for those LONG coupons (which stick out, so I fold them in half) and those WIDE coupons, and especially for holding more coupons than their miniature counterparts! Now others have had luck with other pages. They come in 1-pocket (also known as sheet protectors, which we'll be using as well- we'll get to that later), 2 pocket, 4-pocket, 5-pocket, 6-pocket, 8-pocket; 9-pocke t. Anything with more...

I've moved!!!

In order to simplify, I'll be getting rid of most of my blogs & just downsizing my internet network. We've made a move that you can read about at my new blog, but suffice to say- we're beginning a new life, in a new state, new job, etc. So if you want to hear more about it, Meet me in Wyoming . Don't forget to update your bookmarks!!!

Wordless Wednesday