I have never in my life been able to grow a tomato plant from a seed. I mean ever. I have never managed to get a poor, leggy little specimen past the 2" point before it keels over & dies. Never to recover. Until this year. This is a black krim that I have managed to successfully keep alive. It started to get leggy, so I figured my best bet would be to pot it in one of my kitty litter buckets, not imagining that it would actually grow. It did. And it did. And it is. A few days ago I cut the bottom off a pot, placed it around my very healthy krim to "add depth." You know when you buy a plant start of a tomato, it says "Bury 80% deep for stronger plant."? I hadn't done that. Thinking it would be compost fodder in due time anyway. So deepening the soil was the only clear answer I could come up with. It was too large for me to risk hurting the roots. So anyway, without further ado, I present my black krim tomato plant, grown from seed, by my very own hands.
I'm SUCH a proud Momma!!! (PS it was raining so I took this through the window. It's not a great pics with the other stuff all around it, but hopefully you get the jist of it!)...
I'm SUCH a proud Momma!!! (PS it was raining so I took this through the window. It's not a great pics with the other stuff all around it, but hopefully you get the jist of it!)...
Comments