This was my Sunday, June 22.
We got up, did a few things around the house, left at 11:15 to go to my Mum & Dad's house. Got there about 12:40, left about quarter after 3. We ate lunch, and my Dad & Hubba showed off their new vehicles to each other (my Dad got a new to him Escape). Boys!!! LOL... Got to MIL's about 20 mins later, hung out, ate dinner, and I was already e.x.h.a.u.s.t.e.d. because I'd been up the night before because it was storming bad!! I wanted to leave by around 6. After dinner I looked up & it was already 6:30. I told Hubba it was 6:30, and he said "We'll eat dessert & get out of here."
About 10 mins later, I hear Kee scream & start crying & I RAN from the kitchen to the room he was in, Tris was in the doorway & I was screaming at him "MOVE!!! GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!!!" As I came into the room, there was blood going down Keenan's nose & I screamed "OH ****." So I swept him up & ran into the kitchen to get paper towels & there was a pile of napkins on the table. I used those to wipe the blood away & OMG!!! The bridge of his nose was HUGE & almost navy blue. MIL was handing me an ice pak, I was telling Hubba to find something blue (using blue fabric on a wound that would bruise, lessens the bruising). I looked at Sebastion & said "GIMME YOUR SHIRT!! QUICK!!" So my poor 11 year old is stripping at my MIL's.
I kept looking at Kee's nose & it just seemed to be getting worse, then all of a sudden he got VERY tired & his eyes started rolling like he was THAT tired. I told Hubba, "we need to go to the hospital now!!! It's bad!!!" (Keep in mind, I have 3 boys. They've all had stitches, dermaplast or have been butterfly stripped. I DON'T freak out about stuff like this.) I'm crying because I am so tired (I don't normally cry during this stuff either). All I can think is concussion or broken nose. He's still swelling & it keeps getting darker. So MIL finds a unisex tee for Seb & we left for the ER.
I kept ice on his nose & kept asking him questions about his name, his family, his favourite cartoons, etc. He kept wanting to go to slepp. By the time we get to the ER & get back to triage (we actually got in fairly quickly), his swelling had gone down by 3/4 & it had gone from navy blue to red & light grey. They offered a CAT & stitches, but also said it really wasn't necessary, but it was up to me. I refused both, they gave me instructions on sun care & pain meds & icing & that was about it. I think we were there MAYBE 45m. It's all kinda blurred together. We got home around 9, I let him watch cartoons til 11 (when he fell asleep on his own) iced his nose on & off. Gave him some motrin & at 9am the next morning he was still sleeping.
From what Kee & Tris said, we've been able to gather the following. They were arguing over who was in whose way. Kee got mad and tried to push past Tris. This is very typical of him. He tripped on Tris's feet & landed square on the edge of a table.
Someone on another brd wrote in response to my "we're going to N GA for the day" something along the lines of "I bet that will be fun with 3 boys." That's kinda ironically funny, LOL.
So I spent a few days *trying* to keep the kid from running in the house (this is such a fight with him), playing near the hearth (he busted his head open on that awhile back, that was when I had to butterfly his head- see I'm a calm mom, usually, LOL).


And these are the progression of his battle wound over the next few days. The pictures don't show how bad it really was, but you get the idea.





We got up, did a few things around the house, left at 11:15 to go to my Mum & Dad's house. Got there about 12:40, left about quarter after 3. We ate lunch, and my Dad & Hubba showed off their new vehicles to each other (my Dad got a new to him Escape). Boys!!! LOL... Got to MIL's about 20 mins later, hung out, ate dinner, and I was already e.x.h.a.u.s.t.e.d. because I'd been up the night before because it was storming bad!! I wanted to leave by around 6. After dinner I looked up & it was already 6:30. I told Hubba it was 6:30, and he said "We'll eat dessert & get out of here."
About 10 mins later, I hear Kee scream & start crying & I RAN from the kitchen to the room he was in, Tris was in the doorway & I was screaming at him "MOVE!!! GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!!!" As I came into the room, there was blood going down Keenan's nose & I screamed "OH ****." So I swept him up & ran into the kitchen to get paper towels & there was a pile of napkins on the table. I used those to wipe the blood away & OMG!!! The bridge of his nose was HUGE & almost navy blue. MIL was handing me an ice pak, I was telling Hubba to find something blue (using blue fabric on a wound that would bruise, lessens the bruising). I looked at Sebastion & said "GIMME YOUR SHIRT!! QUICK!!" So my poor 11 year old is stripping at my MIL's.
I kept looking at Kee's nose & it just seemed to be getting worse, then all of a sudden he got VERY tired & his eyes started rolling like he was THAT tired. I told Hubba, "we need to go to the hospital now!!! It's bad!!!" (Keep in mind, I have 3 boys. They've all had stitches, dermaplast or have been butterfly stripped. I DON'T freak out about stuff like this.) I'm crying because I am so tired (I don't normally cry during this stuff either). All I can think is concussion or broken nose. He's still swelling & it keeps getting darker. So MIL finds a unisex tee for Seb & we left for the ER.
I kept ice on his nose & kept asking him questions about his name, his family, his favourite cartoons, etc. He kept wanting to go to slepp. By the time we get to the ER & get back to triage (we actually got in fairly quickly), his swelling had gone down by 3/4 & it had gone from navy blue to red & light grey. They offered a CAT & stitches, but also said it really wasn't necessary, but it was up to me. I refused both, they gave me instructions on sun care & pain meds & icing & that was about it. I think we were there MAYBE 45m. It's all kinda blurred together. We got home around 9, I let him watch cartoons til 11 (when he fell asleep on his own) iced his nose on & off. Gave him some motrin & at 9am the next morning he was still sleeping.
From what Kee & Tris said, we've been able to gather the following. They were arguing over who was in whose way. Kee got mad and tried to push past Tris. This is very typical of him. He tripped on Tris's feet & landed square on the edge of a table.
Someone on another brd wrote in response to my "we're going to N GA for the day" something along the lines of "I bet that will be fun with 3 boys." That's kinda ironically funny, LOL.
So I spent a few days *trying* to keep the kid from running in the house (this is such a fight with him), playing near the hearth (he busted his head open on that awhile back, that was when I had to butterfly his head- see I'm a calm mom, usually, LOL).
Here's my baby before (ain't he a cutie pie?)
Here we are on the way home. Chocolate chips cookies fix everything ;)
And these are the progression of his battle wound over the next few days. The pictures don't show how bad it really was, but you get the idea.

On this one, you can see where the following day he dropped one of those huge Tonka trucks on his forehead just an inch or so above his other bruise *rolls eyes*
Comments
Boys will be boys!
But then again I have a girl that is quite the tomboy! Stitches and everything! :)
Hugs!