Skip to main content

101 in 1001

Huh? You say? I found & meandered over to Lindsey's blog this evening. I really enjoyed it and then moreso, when I found this entry. She writes:

The Mission:Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:Tasks must be specific (no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (represent some amount of work on my part).

Why 1001 Days? Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as new year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities. Need help figuring out your ending date?
GO HERE.


So off to her linky I went to punch in my start date of tomorrow (I'll be in bed soon, so I start tomorrow):

From date: Thursday, December 14, 2006

Added 1001 days

Resulting date: Thursday, September 10, 2009


This is going to be exciting, and what's really neat- the ending date is the day before my birthday!!


Kayla's 101 in 1001

1. Read the Bible from start to finish
2. Take the kids to a beach
3. Make cinnamon rolls from scratch!
4. Order ants & help the kids set up their ant “farm”
5. Join a homeschool group
6. Learn how to communicate with a deaf person in sign language other than the ABC’s
7. Hike Stone Mountain
8. Take the kids to Lookout Mountain and see 7 states
9. Rent a cabin
10. Go to Disney World (with the kids and hubba, LOL)
11. Have at least 6 aprons (I have 1 now, and I’d LOVE to have more!)
12. Grow a garden successfully
13. Can that garden produce
14. Make a gingerbread house from scratch with the kiddos

15. Go to a chiropractor
16. Go to the GA aquarium
17. Take the kids alpine sliding
18. Go to the Atlanta Zoo
19. Save everything to disk so we can reformat our hard drive
20. Participate in the breast cancer walk
21. Vote in the 2008 presidential election
22. Get colour ink for my printer again
23. Fill my 5-gallon change jar with change and spare paper bills to the tippy top
24. Get a new couch
25.
Finish my homekeeping binder
26. Read more with less cookbook
27. Switch to 80% or more wheat cooking & baking
28.
Remember to take my vitamins EVERYday for at least 1 week
29. Buy hubba a guitar
30. Get the kids in karate lessons
31. See a REAL snowfall again (None of this sorry GA excuse for snow!)
32.
Find a new church home (We decided to stay with our church and drive the hour plus. There really is no place like home!)
33. Have Keenan fully potty trained (Other than a few nightly accidents- YAY!!!)
34. Organise all my crafts & sewing stuff once again
35. Organise the HS room once and for all
36. Have Sebastion’s denim patchwork quilt completed (I have the top done- YAHOO!!!)
37.
Have Tristen’s about half done (his top is about 3/4 done)
38.
Have Keenan’s started (Have started cutting squares for his)
39. Organise and file all of my digital pics
40. Scan in and organise all of my paper pics
41. Reach my first goal of 170 pounds
42. Reach my final goal of 150 pounds (more if feasible)
43. Subscribe to National Geographic for Kids
44. Be able to keep up with Tammi Lee Webb in her Step 2000 video (I’m at 15 minutes as of this list-making)
45.
Finish the bugout kits There are a few frivolous items I'd like to add, but as for basic survival, we are set!)
46. Stockpile for a year
47. Get my own car again
48.
Fill all 3 freezers with food (Not sure how long this will last, but as of March07, it has been done!)
49. Get into a routine of OAMC, on shorter intervals (2 weeks worth at any given time in the freezer)
50. Do a non-traditional CHRISTmas dinner for everyone (we have all the parents and then some here on CHRISTmas day)
51. Wean myself to skim milk, and stay there
52. Purchase my own web domain
53. Participate in and artsy-fartsy crafts type festival or bazaar, selling my own wares
54. Write 1-page letters the old fashioned way to at least 12 people
55. Have a vacay with JUST the hubba (no kiddlin’s!!!)
56. Take a vacay JUST me (no Hubba & no kids!!)
57. ROAD TRIP!!!!! With no place in mind, at least 2 days of driving aimlessly!
58. Visit Dollywood
59. Cook a standing rib roast for my family
60. Grow a herb garden in the kitchen
61. Finish organising my recipes (if you knew how many I have, you’d understand how daunting this is!!!)
62. Find a babysitter we trust so that Hubba and I can get out on the town more
63.
Make Tyler Florence’s recipe for margaritas
64. Read 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
65. Read Old Yeller
66. Get my credit card paid down
67. Get Hubba’s credit cards paid down
68. Get the car paid off
69. Make handmade cards for everyone on my CHRISTmas list
70. Be finished with CHRISTmas shopping before Thanksgiving, JUST ONE TIME!
71. Get a family picture done, all 5 of us!
72. Have a least $1000 in savings (preferably more) that is untouched
73. Frame the kids drawings and decorate with them
74. Get the boys’ scrapbooks up to date
75. Visit my Grandma’s grave (something I’ve been wanting to do for YEARS! She passed Jan. ’95)
76. Try cooking/baking with stevia
77. Make carob chip cookies (just to try them and see if we like’em)
78. Write a will
79. Enroll the kids in Awana
80. Get new (to us) chairs for the dining table
81. Bake cookies for everyone on the gift list (barring Hubba & kids) one CHRISTmas, wrap them nicely and hope they enjoy!
82. Adopt a soldier in Iraq
83. Re-send Denise her mess hall mag page that was returned to me WEEKS ago
84. Have a Bible ALL my own, preferably a study bible (I’d LOVE comments on your favourites!)
85. Watch Gone With the Wind from start to finish
86. Pick apples, either at MIL’s house or at the orchards in Blue Ridge
87. Take the kids to a pumpkin patch and let them pick out their own pumpkins
88. Make pumpkin pie from fresh pumpkin
89. Make a birdfeeder with the kids
90. Get on a homekeeping schedule and STAY ON IT (1 month minimum, just to make this definitive, per the “criteria.”!!!)
91. Clean out the file cabinet, toss all old papers, refile what needs to be and make sure it is in order.
92. Use a pre-bought curriculum one year
93. Fill my button can full of buttons! (it’s on e of the large cans and the buttons barely cover the bottom
94. Get a pedicure (this is going to be difficult as much as I a) hate feet, even my own & b) am EXCRUCIATINGLY ticklish on my mootsie tooties
95. Match or raise our first donation of $30 to the Susan G Komen Foundation. Not once, not twice, but thrice (1 time each year)
96. Make a time capsule with the kids (it won’t be opened before the 1001 days is up, but we’ll have made one)
97. Buy a new dryer
98.
Make a tofu smoothie (This won't make it to the next list! LOL)
99. Buy a laptop (Hubba wants a newer one as well)
100. Buy a new and up to date dictionary
101. Start another list (this was fun!!!), and yeah I prolly would have said this even if Lindsey hadn’t.

Comments

TheNormalMiddle said…
Yay!!! I love it Kayla. I love my list, it motivates me to do things I've always wanted to or needed to.

Hope it goes smoothly for you. Enjoy that trip away with your hubba alone!!! :)
Anonymous said…
Hm....maybe I will give that a try as i never follow thru with the N. Y. R's....the year just gets away from me. I love your list too by the way!
Anonymous said…
In regard to your number 7 on your list: When I was in college some friends and I climbed Stone Mountain. We hung out at the top and then decided to be lazy and take the skyride down. Did you know that the skyride deposits you at the complete opposite side of the mountain from where the climbing trail up is?? We had to walk halfway around the mountain just to get back to our car!! It's an amazing place though and we had a lot of fun.

Reading your post and writing this comment just gave me an idea - I think I'm going to make a list of places I would like to take my kids to see before they go off to college.

P.S. I came here by way of Lindsey's blog.

Susan
www.allinamomsday.com
Ann said…
Inspiring. Hummm I may just have to give this a whirl. I guess the first task should be making my list huh?

Popular posts from this blog

The much requested COUPON BINDER! A how-to pictorial

First you start with a LARGE 3-ring binder . I was able to get about a dozen of these for 50-75¢ each at a thrift shoppe, brand new. Mine are from a business complete with logo, but that's ok. 50-75¢ sure beats 8 bucks at Wal-mart. Plus mine DOES have a front pocket, in case I want to make it a bit purtier. Some people prefer a zippered binder. These are GREAT if you can afford the dough for a LARGE one. This one is especially great as it has a handle for carrying. You'll also need some pocket pages . I prefer the 4-per-page pages. The pockets are a little bigger, which is GREAT for those LONG coupons (which stick out, so I fold them in half) and those WIDE coupons, and especially for holding more coupons than their miniature counterparts! Now others have had luck with other pages. They come in 1-pocket (also known as sheet protectors, which we'll be using as well- we'll get to that later), 2 pocket, 4-pocket, 5-pocket, 6-pocket, 8-pocket; 9-pocke t. Anything with more...

I've moved!!!

In order to simplify, I'll be getting rid of most of my blogs & just downsizing my internet network. We've made a move that you can read about at my new blog, but suffice to say- we're beginning a new life, in a new state, new job, etc. So if you want to hear more about it, Meet me in Wyoming . Don't forget to update your bookmarks!!!

Wordless Wednesday