Skip to main content

Making yoghurt cheese

I have yoghurt cheese going in the fridge right now. Here's how I'm making it. You need:

1 jar of homemade yoghurt
Strainer
Something to catch the whey
A coffee filter



Sit your strainer atop your "catcher." Put your coffee filter inside the strainer.


Pour your yoghurt into the coffee filter.


Sit everything together inside your refrigerator. The longer you let it drain, the harder your cheese will be.


Your cheese is similar to cream cheese! If it's a bit too tart, add some sweetener (honey, sugar, nectar, etc). Use it to spread on thick toast, bagels or even tortillas (the kids love the last one!).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The much requested COUPON BINDER! A how-to pictorial

First you start with a LARGE 3-ring binder . I was able to get about a dozen of these for 50-75¢ each at a thrift shoppe, brand new. Mine are from a business complete with logo, but that's ok. 50-75¢ sure beats 8 bucks at Wal-mart. Plus mine DOES have a front pocket, in case I want to make it a bit purtier. Some people prefer a zippered binder. These are GREAT if you can afford the dough for a LARGE one. This one is especially great as it has a handle for carrying. You'll also need some pocket pages . I prefer the 4-per-page pages. The pockets are a little bigger, which is GREAT for those LONG coupons (which stick out, so I fold them in half) and those WIDE coupons, and especially for holding more coupons than their miniature counterparts! Now others have had luck with other pages. They come in 1-pocket (also known as sheet protectors, which we'll be using as well- we'll get to that later), 2 pocket, 4-pocket, 5-pocket, 6-pocket, 8-pocket; 9-pocke t. Anything with more...

I've moved!!!

In order to simplify, I'll be getting rid of most of my blogs & just downsizing my internet network. We've made a move that you can read about at my new blog, but suffice to say- we're beginning a new life, in a new state, new job, etc. So if you want to hear more about it, Meet me in Wyoming . Don't forget to update your bookmarks!!!

Wordless Wednesday