
I don't usually feel Mondays are typically UGH. Not for me as a SAHM. They, to me are just like any other day of the week. I don't get weekends off so no big deal, ya know? So why am I having an UGH Monday? Cramps, bloating, yada yada..... You know what I mean ladies ;-).... So I'm in turtle mode today.
Our weekend was sooooo busy, so I'm exhausted and achy from that as well. SO, I'm sure that hasn't helped. Hubby went to help his Mom with her attic. They got a TON of stuff done, and in addition, we came home with a cargo van full of SCHTUFF to sell in the yard sale. And I mean SCHTUFF!!! LOL... There are kitchen gadgets & gizmos, electronics, household stuff, books, etc., etc., etc...... I now have TWO bread machines, TWO deep-fryers, 2 computer monitors, etc., to sell. She said from the beginning it was a "donation" to our sale and when we kept telling her we'd keep track of who sold what, she blatantly refused, and asked instead for us to make a sizable donation to a worthy cause in her name
. Keep in mind, we're already planning a lemonade stand to raise money for the Susan G. Komen Foundation. We did this a couple years ago and were able to donate $30 to the cause. We were supposed to do another last year, but between moving, my mental state and other things going on, we didn't get a chance to.In addition, there are a couple items she sent with us that I plan on listing on ebay. One of those is a tea for 2 set done in Red Hat Society theme. She said the tea pot alone was $56
!!!!!!!!!! We all know resale's a pain, so we'll see how this one goes.She also said if there was anything in there we wanted to keep, we were more than welcome to. Oh boy, do those words excite me (LOL). God works in the most mysterious, yet wonderful ways. You might remember on Friday, I mentioned wanting to pretty up our home. And of course, frugal is the only way in this home. You'll be seeing some pics of the things Hubby & I chose to pull out and adorn our home with, as well as some of the recycling I'll be doing with decor.
One of the things I am most excited about is the apple corer/slicer she tossed in a box. I really wanted one when I canned a LOT of apple sauce, but I couldn't justify the price! Otherwise there is a Cuisinart Ice Cream/sorbet/frozen yoghurt maker that I want to try. We have a rival, but it's not near as fancy-schmancy as the one she gave up and a few other things, like I said, I'll post pics later.
I have managed to get some sticky gunk cleaned off of some jars, bed is made, plants are watered, fish tank is filled, HS started, laundry is going and a few other things. I'm going to make another pot of coffee, do as much as I can, but I am going to try to keep it simple & easy today. I hope all of you have had and do have a BLESSED day!
Comments